League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:44 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To me losing posting rights is just as bad as being banned as you are unreliable to the point where they can't post.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:47 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Some players play season after season and never post matty.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:48 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
But captains vices have to is my point lee, as this is what this whole debate is on about.

If you lose posing rights then your job as captain or vice captain effectively becomes redundant as you can't do your job.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:50 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You can still arrange everything as long as the rules for posting subs etc are followed then there isn't a problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:51 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the same as being banned they can still arrange it also, I'm not saying anyone is being picked on but I feel trike needs looking at very closely but as I said earlier seems likes it's just my opinion.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:51 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How on gods name does any of the rules in the league suit me? Im not even a clan captain nor a vice captain so the new rule doesn't affect me, any other rule that affects anyone else still affects me. Then again as i am head runner i follow the rules for myself, i enforce them for others.

I actually applauded you for taking on Assassins some may say i respected you also. That has gone now since all you seem to do is argue with everyone and think everything is to do with you. You should have read the full discussion before opening your mouth and jumping to conclusions. Again i don't care who hates me or loves me for that matter, i run the league end of and i can't keep everyone happy.

Feel free to carry this on like an immature boy because any more slating from you towards me will be reported. Im not usually the reporting type but you press all the right buttons dude. Have a pleasant day/night.

P.S if i was that power mad i would have gave you a league ban along time ago when you decided back then to have a go at me over nothing, did i do that? No, and i still won't for some weird reason!

Edited at 23:56 Sun 13/05/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:53 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Again i don't care who hates me or loves me for that matter, i run the league end of and i can't keep everyone happy.

I defo HATE you Jay
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:56 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the same as being banned they can still arrange it also, I'm not saying anyone is being picked on but I feel trike needs looking at very closely but as I said earlier seems likes it's just my opinion.

You can't play any games if you are banned or be on the site for a month or whatever it is till admin let you back and you are no longer part of the clan you are supposed to be running..big difference.
horse10000
horse10000
02:57 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the case was made earlier, but deactivation isn't the only thing that makes one an unreliable runner. I would say getting banned is another. If Craig didn't have excellent vice captains, Shooters would be dead now.

Imagine someone like Sam (who when he comes back is more than welcome to rejoin our clan on snooker!! ) captaining clans. He's a very capable runner but keeps getting banned lol.

So yeah, in this case if you bring in the rule it should be applied to all, even the people we know.

The only other option is to say it starts from now, meaning those captains that are currently in are exempt. But in any case, Craig would only have to wait half a season or something until he's back in as captain, since he played part of this one...

This basically sums up why the rule was suggested. There should be no exceptions, yes craig has captained before and done very well, but he also was banned last season and shooters would have died if some of his team mates didn't step into his shoes as well as they did.

The point of the rule is that players who have not played one full season in clan league are generally players who have either deactivated or been banned, either option in my opinion does not provide a stable grounding to be a captain, (What happens if they deactivate or get banned again, maybe we will not be as lucky to have other players within the clan to pick up the reigns to stop it collapsing) if players have played a full season and wish to captain in season 2 a least they have not just been back for 5 minutes.

If they want to captain a clan it is not expecting much for them to have played one full season in their current user name before they are allowed to.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:12 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i do agree with the rule about captaincy but i think those who are already enlisted as captain could be exempt? unless the runner doesn't think they are suitable.

this rule however which i like, will stop those who love clans from deactivating and make people think before getting themselves banned.

i don't mind which way the runners go with this
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:27 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i remember craig give me a lot of crap about this rule who i was trying make out i was someone different

am going to be honest here now is he back as captain now
if so how would this rule apply to him
if he still captain of a clan so by rights this rule does not start until the new season kicks off
they for he a old captain then because he still was the captain before this came out

i think people should just let him get on with it stop giving him crap over it
and i don't get on with him that what u call being honest
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:41 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You're missing the point as dgen has the new rule is that nobody can be captain or vice on an account that hasn't completed a season.
You can't make exceptions to something so clear cut. He hasn't got an account that qualifies so should have to complete a season before taking back over.
It won't mean any differences to shooters in honesty but the rules need to be followed by everyone else there is no point having them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:48 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You're missing the point as dgen has the new rule is that nobody can be captain or vice on an account that hasn't completed a season.
You can't make exceptions to something so clear cut. He hasn't got an account that qualifies so should have to complete a season before taking back over.
It won't mean any differences to shooters in honesty but the rules need to be followed by everyone else there is no point having them.

well they loads of players in the past couple of season that have be captains and they teams have folded
but still go to a new team and become a captain or vice
when the season before that they team folded that is wrong
but it still happen
i think craig is getting bully here over this weather i get on with him or not
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig himself agrees with the rule, as with most things though he just doesn't think the same rules should apply to him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:44 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lee get over yourself

rick matty and dgen thanks for showing support i deeply appreciate it

reading above posts it is very clear now that this discussion is only about stopping me from running a clan within the fcl and is very personal as the topic dosnt seem to mention any other players by name, just myself, also the rule was clearly stated as new clans again this is clearly being changed to suite....

for 5 seasons i have captained shooters and not only captained well, but look at faults 100% record in the last 3 seasons, dont ever tell me im not capable of being a captain or captaing shooters

as ive said before the rules were left unchanged at the beginning of the season .. to suit crazy eights, can some one now explain why the rule needs to be changed now ???

what has happened for this to become a major issue now

apart from ipotalots input as a non-league runner, and vindictive undertones

is this rule coming into effect now... and please explain other than myself who else is the rule being changed for.

what has happened within the last week for this to become such a major topic

Edited at 09:49 Mon 14/05/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:00 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
People need to realise that there will always be captains that are completely incapable of captaining a clan... making this rule wont change that fact, it's only outcome is to potentially harness other people that would make much more successful clans than just anyone who's played for a season.

Also, how is anyone supposed to get captaining expereince without being a Vice first? If your going to enforce this sort of rule at least make anyone able to be a vice, with the captain having controlling power, it gives them that bit of experience that they need to make clans more reliable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:07 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
15. SECOND ACCOUNTS

If you are found having a second account in the league then you will be warned, suspended or banned from FCL depending on number of offences you may have and the seriousness of the crime.

the above is in FCL rules

i deem the interpretation of this rule as very clear anyone within the league it donst stipulate players, vice captains or captains or league staff it states within the league,,
so please explain why a league runner has 2 accounts

also this in breach of funkypool rules as im showing

Why have I been banned? Likely reasons for being banned include:

Racist terms - we have zero tolerance for racial slurs, even those said in jest. Such language results in an immediate ban.
Cheating - please see How do we deal with cheaters?
Having an offensive username - please see What is an appropriate username?
Breaking chat room rules or messaging system rules.
Being booted a number of times.
If you have multiple accounts, please note that you will be permanently banned across all of your accounts because we do not allow multiple accounts.

talk about bending rules to suit other users, last season crazy eights had 2 people with no current league experience allowed to captain and vice, however this season you want to change the rule, for what reason

2 accounts by a league runner sets a great example, blatant rule breeaking not only in the FCL but also FP rules

craig

Edited at 10:13 Mon 14/05/12 (BST)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
13:07 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm sure theres plenty captains that have never been a vice, problem with just letting anyone be a vice is if the captain goes missing you then have a vice without the required experience running the clan, I think it should be 1 seasons experience to be a vice and 2 seasons for a captain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:43 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thing is now your cancelling out a lot of people. You do that you wont have a league anymore.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:00 Mon 14 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't see what went so drastically wrong this season for this rule to be brought in. I would say a person needs experience to be a captain but not a member. Craig has done a right spiffing job at shooters and ran them well, he doesn't deserve this.
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.