FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
07:11 Sun 14 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Season 18

Tomorrow night is the deadline for the pre season games to be completed. After reading through threads and keeping an eye on teams and games being played i now know who will be in the league for this new season. Due to low numbers there will be a change this season and that will be that the FCL will be one division only, due to this teams will only play each other once, along with cup games there will still be a good number of games to be played.

Season 19 (In Advance)

After this new season has ended there will be a rule change for season 19, team size limit WILL be decreased from 16 players to a possible 14 players in the hope that more clans may form and we can bring the league back to two divisions.

Please note that this may also apply to the FBL this season.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
08:42 Sun 14 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I meant that the one division may apply to FBL this season, after reading that again i think i worded the bottom part wrong.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Sun 14 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As you are doing one division got a couple of suggestions to keep it interesting for people.

League places this season could determine divisions for next season if numbers are up. (Although 10 teams has always been enough for 2 divisions in the past in fact it is the same number as always just that the amount of new clans has made it hard to split the divisions fairly)

Top 4 could go into an extra play-off style extra knock-out comp like FSL
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:32 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If we have 12 teams in the league next season then the top six from this one division will be made a division one side.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:21 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a suggestion....

The rule where you must have 1 year's experience to captain / vice a clan. Wouldn't it be better if the experience came from snooker aswell? So you'd know they'd had leading experience? And you'd know they'd be a sufficiently good leader?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:31 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its been talked about and its been determined that its a different site, different league etc. On snooker anyone can captain but pool has strict rules (rightfully so but doesn't always work out).

also the poolers doesn't take snooker ideas too well so if i have an idea from over there i tend not to mention the "S" word otherwise the idea is struck off immediately
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:44 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Would never be implemented by myself as i see both sites as being different as James pointed out.

James, ill take snooker ideas like you know but what works for snooker may not work for here and vice versa.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its been talked about and its been determined that its a different site, different league etc. On snooker anyone can captain but pool has strict rules (rightfully so but doesn't always work out).

also the poolers doesn't take snooker ideas too well so if i have an idea from over there i tend not to mention the "S" word otherwise the idea is struck off immediately

Liar liar pants on fire! You're always saying "well on snooker we do ..."

bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:31 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Pahahaha Badger does have a point
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:33 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Liar liar pants on fire! You're always saying "well on snooker we do ..."

Well on snooker we have much better rules you see
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:42 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Rules on snooker are the same and have been taken from pool though . They are just worded different and are implemented differently as it has to accommodate snooker alone. You have rules that help with unplayed games and what not - that would not work here as pool is more talked about league and anything rule related is harshly expressed by many players most of the time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:01 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I am more conserned about the 2 month waiting period for the new players.A alternative might be to just simply make them wait till 2 fixtures have been played.As it is a lot to ask of a new player,him wanting to get started as soon as possibe.Plz thank about it.
cke1982
cke1982
01:08 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
that is a good rule its so people dont make accounts then keep deactivating and joining again
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I am more conserned about the 2 month waiting period for the new players.A alternative might be to just simply make them wait till 2 fixtures have been played.As it is a lot to ask of a new player,him wanting to get started as soon as possibe.Plz thank about it.

Although I agree with you to some extent, it is a bit long, the rules have been set and Jay is unlikely to change them at this stage.

I would put it forward as an idea for next season though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats what it was meant for,as we all no he is not gonna change it now.But would be nice if he would haha.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:12 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
at the same time why should a player deactivate and play straight away? if they deactivated between seasons it would be a different matter
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:13 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I know, see what he says next season about it, I quite like your idea on 2 fixture sets though so we'll have to see what he wants to do after this season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:13 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
at the same time why should a player deactivate and play straight away? if they deactivated between seasons it would be a different matter

Lol don't even get me started on re-activated players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
*gulps*
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
06:40 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You are right i will not change this rule before the season starts, i could be persuaded to change another one if it was brought up before the actual season start on Sunday. However, i will not change this rule at all not even next season as people actually wanted this in previous seasons and i held off on it until now when suddenly all these fake players came out of nowhere and started in a clan and then deactivate and then came back on another name and so on and so on.

This rule means they now have to wait longer as does a real newbie to a clan, this will also help a captain see if that player is reliable as they would see if the player would stick it out for the two months and still stay in the clan or still be interested.

Mike your idea is basically the one month rule which was on numerous occasions a rule that people tried to bend around, this rule makes it longer and i happen to like it very much...
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.