FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
punkpoet
punkpoet
21:25 Thu 24 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Is the split happening in fbl too?
As would be hanging aroundfor fcl to finish if so.
Maybe should of asked in fbl but being lazy lol.
faust
faust
21:53 Thu 24 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

No it's not. I'm not a league runner, but I am able to click on the website links! you ARE lazy!! lol

http://www.thefunkypoolbilliardsleague.weebly.com
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:44 Thu 24 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

No it's not. I'm not a league runner, but I am able to click on the website links! you ARE lazy!! lol

http://www.thefunkypoolbilliardsleague.weebly.com

Lol I was on my phone where the sites don't work well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:28 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Can i have clarification on the rules regarding making new teams... I believe you used to have an account for a whole season before you can captain a team let alone, make a new team?
the__priest
the__priest
02:17 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Can i have clarification on the rules regarding making new teams... I believe you used to have an account for a whole season before you can captain a team let alone, make a new team?

thats correct jon
a season in a team allows you to captain on the same account
unless things have changed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:39 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Why is it a certain team is allowed someone who deactivated and then made a new account allowed to make and captain a team?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:49 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Why is it a certain team is allowed someone who deactivated and then made a new account allowed to make and captain a team?

if this is about me then i will tell you exactly what i have told other people i have spoken to mod (chris) and he said it was fine
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:53 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

if this is about me then i will tell you exactly what i have told other people i have spoken to mod (chris) and he said it was fine

its still beside the point.... why have rules when there being changed left right and centre? Dont get me wrong I applaud Chris for helping out but bending the rules will only lead to trouble and confusion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

its still beside the point.... why have rules when there being changed left right and centre? Dont get me wrong I applaud Chris for helping out but bending the rules will only lead to trouble and confusion

i spoke to chris about me changing my name, being captain and staying as league runner he said i could do all that as long as it is a open change which it was if i couldn't do all that then i wouldn't of changed my name
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:55 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Still a joke imo
franer_
franer_
00:11 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Golden Cue visable anywhere?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:14 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

In a glass case on my bedroom wall, so visible to me, yes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:16 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont get me wrong I applaud Chris for helping out but bending the rules will only lead to trouble and confusion

You can't bend a rule that does not exist.

Each and every clan would be treated on its own merit in terms of whether they are viable to enter the competitions.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:17 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

No. It needs someone with the time to do it.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
02:57 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If nobody steps forward I will do it, but it will be at the end of the season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:35 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If nobody steps forward I will do it, but it will be at the end of the season

anoneeemouse also volunteered to update it over the next few days.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:07 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont get me wrong I applaud Chris for helping out but bending the rules will only lead to trouble and confusion

You can't bend a rule that does not exist.

Each and every clan would be treated on its own merit in terms of whether they are viable to enter the competitions.

still why change or take out a rule that was there for a very long time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:11 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

still why change or take out a rule that was there for a very long time.

Because it was a rule that served no purpose. It has been proved numerous times that the age of a Captain's account does not guarantee the success of a clan - including twice (and almost four times) during the current season!
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:10 Thu 1 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I know there are at least 3 different opinions out there about how the leagues should be scored. On a team match basis, on an individual match basis, or on a frame basis.
We have different reasons for feeling the way we do. For some it's about team ethic, they feel one way makes it more of a team game. For some it's about accuracy, which method will eliminate more of the luck factor. and some just want it that way because that's what they view as a "game".
I'm not out to start another discussion about which way is best, noone's gonna win over anyone else's opinion anyway, and we're all entitled to our opinions.

But with all the leagues and cups we have, isn't there room for every opinion to have its way somewhere? As it is now, one method (team matches as a basis) has a say everywhere, that's right, in every single league and cup it has at least a compromise working in its favor.
Here's one idea, that could do this without many changes.
FCL, no change at all except drop the bonus points for team match wins. It would be decided by frames won throughout the season.
FCL CUP, run it on same format as FCL (8 indiv matches of 15 frames), scored by frames won, but a knockout, decided by team match wins.
FBL, no change, but for the scoring. The points awarded for indiv match wins go straight to the league table, no points for team match wins. It would be decided by indiv match wins throughout the season.
( I do suggest 8 frames instead of 6, more accurate)

Edited at 14:20 Thu 01/05/14 (BST)
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:12 Thu 1 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL CUP same format as FBL, scored by indiv match wins, but a knockout, decided by team match wins.

This is just one way it could be done, some have told me they'd rather see fbl decided by frames, and fcl by team matches (personally I think that's a much more drastic change)
The main idea I'm trying to put out there is:
there's room enough we can all have our way, make everyone happy

Edited at 14:16 Thu 01/05/14 (BST)
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.