XVth Man: Luck Takes No Prisoners!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Firstly it affects every single person in the league if that's how they are going to run the clan and secondly there is no 'seeing if there is defaults' if they make no subs there will be. So you will have players or captains running about for two weeks trying to play a game with no help from this clan, that's what they are essentially saying. In my view they shouldn't be allowed in the league until they change their restrictive policies and as I will have to play this team if they are granted entry I'll have my say.

Also, he folded a clan mid season so absolutely should not be allowed to just rock up with a new one the very next season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Joeyy its the fact that the league has its own rules it doesn't need a clan that decides silly rules like only captains will have a say ... ridiculous .... dictatorship.
joeyy
joeyy
22:20 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
rubbish! premier league has rules but managers get to pick how big their squad is (max 24) but minimum of 11 should they decide so
and every game they can use 3 subs but can use 0 if they like, but if there's an injury and someone has to be taken off then they make a sub and don't have to make tactical substitutions.
same in pretty much every sport scenario.
the clan folded mid season due to other teams poaching players and the captains ill health not because they didn't complete games. Also it wasn't purely the captains decision to fold it was a collective decision.
Your arguments are irrelevant and unnecessary
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:31 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Obviously we are all entitled to our say, and i will probably have my say more than others, if these silly restrictive policies stay .. i may opt not to play against this clan ..... That is also my decision as a captain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's a stupid argument. If a team don't make a sub does that stop a game being Played? Cause on here it does. Read back to what YOUR CAPTAIN wrote cause his reasons for folding the clan differ but Meh twist it about to make it sound better but he folded as he thought we'd beg him to stay and no one did. Tells the story.
faust
faust
22:45 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
rubbish! premier league has rules but managers get to pick how big their squad is (max 24) but minimum of 11 should they decide so
and every game they can use 3 subs but can use 0 if they like, but if there's an injury and someone has to be taken off then they make a sub and don't have to make tactical substitutions.
same in pretty much every sport scenario.
the clan folded mid season due to other teams poaching players and the captains ill health not because they didn't complete games. Also it wasn't purely the captains decision to fold it was a collective decision.
Your arguments are irrelevant and unnecessary

Is that right??

Ash posted...

"I've made this decision due to; the daily constant abuse towards myself or the team, the immaturity coming from others, the idealogy 'you scratch my back' i will NEVER conform too."

Note how he posted I've made this decision!! lol

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19795/phoenix-renaissance-ignite-the-spark-and-feel-the-heat
joeyy
joeyy
22:46 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
but if he has 12 reliable players the games will all be played without need for a sub
also I don't see how the rest of it affects you
if it was me or matty or anyone else captaining this clan nobody would care
you are entitled to your opinion and you can express them in your own time on your own page but theres no need to spam this one
this was supposed to be a fresh start so don't drag the past into it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:49 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you 3 work for Camelot?
Sure??? Whingealot Department?

You whine when i made subs
You whine when I make swaps
Now you whine when I say wont make any!

Make up your bloody mind and get OFF my case IDIOTS!
faust
faust
22:52 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
but if he has 12 reliable players the games will all be played without need for a sub
also I don't see how the rest of it affects you
if it was me or matty or anyone else captaining this clan nobody would care
you are entitled to your opinion and you can express them in your own time on your own page but theres no need to spam this one
this was supposed to be a fresh start so don't drag the past into it

The issue is with the refusal of subs, not with friendyboy or the mouthpiece.

In the FCL alone, this season there have been over 50 subs or swaps. Can you imagine how many defaults there would be if subs are refused?? It would destroy the league! It's rank stupidity of the highest order!

Ash says he folded the team because of daily abuse, can you imagine how much there'll be next season with a refusal to make any subs?!?! lol
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:56 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
honestly don't see everyones issue.
if the games get played with no defaults then who's right to judge how it gets there.
the fixtures get released in the format of players vs players therefore swaps/subs are expected to be in special circumstances where the game would otherwise be incomplete.
the captains send in the players they want to play and they should play unless there are circumstances preventing it, I'm sure that was the idea when the league was set up.
there are no rules governing a minimum number of players provided all games can be completed.
stop willing this clan to fail due to personal prejudices.
If you're not in the clan and you have nothing constructive to say then keep it to yourself as it doesn't affect you and then everyones happy!
If it doesn't work then the blame rests with ash and the clan and you'll have the satisfaction of being right, but theres no reason why it shouldn't work and no reason not to try

I agree subs and swaps should only be in special circumstances but it was phoenix who did unnecessary subs lol.
And tbh I commented due to Ash's unconstructive and rude comment on my clans thread? Im guessing its okay for Ash to post whatever he wants though? Must be one of them rules
joeyy
joeyy
22:56 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
well we will soon find out and there's only one way to find out!
it seems to works fine on snooker where usually 0-2 subs per fixture set rather than 4 or 5
p.s. It's not our fault if your clan can't find 12 players reliable enough to play their games
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:57 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Obviously we are all entitled to our say, and i will probably have my say more than others, if these silly restrictive policies stay .. i may opt not to play against this clan ..... That is also my decision as a captain.

Pds may opt not to bother against this clan either tbh.
joeyy
joeyy
22:57 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Zac I have no defence for ash posting on your thread thats an issue to take up with him personally not the clan he runs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:08 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Pds may opt not to bother against this clan either tbh.
I would fully support that decision.
faust
faust
23:16 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I know at least 2 clans are considering that, but I don't agree with it. Refusing to play Phoenix_v2 would be equally as bad as them refusing to make subs. Two wrongs and all that....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:31 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I know at least 2 clans are considering that, but I don't agree with it. Refusing to play Phoenix_v2 would be equally as bad as them refusing to make subs. Two wrongs and all that....
if chris is going to let him in the league despite trying to ruin it last year then someone has to do something. So he goes and folds a clan and disrupts the entire league, set up a new clan and all is well? No. He wronged he should be dealt with.
faust
faust
23:34 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if chris is going to let him in the league despite trying to ruin it last year then someone has to do something. So he goes and folds a clan and disrupts the entire league, set up a new clan and all is well? No. He wronged he should be dealt with.

I totally agree that any captain that folds their clan mid season shouldn't be allowed to run a clan the following season, I've been calling for that long before Phoenix was around. I suspect that is why friendyboy is co-captain. Even if Ash wasn't allowed to run a clan, he'd just do it through one of his players anyway. Just like when I was banned, I just ran Uprising through facebook.
erigert
erigert
23:35 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I totally agree that any captain that folds their clan mid season shouldn't be allowed to run a clan the following season, I've been calling for that long before Phoenix was around. I suspect that is why friendyboy is co-captain. Even if Ash wasn't allowed to run a clan, he'd just do it through one of his players anyway. Just like when I was banned, I just ran Uprising through facebook.

U were drunk most of the time i remember
_huts24_
_huts24_
23:41 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

i Agree with these above posts , feel if u fold mid season u shouldnt be allowed to captain the season after . hoping chris inforces this new rule .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:02 Fri 24 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There are other Captains who are more adept at origami (folding for the simpletons) why don't you berate them or is that too difficult for you?

Instead act like a pack of hounds and think we are easy targets, got news for ya, think, post, say what the Hell you like, we are building and will operate however we like with the support from yourselves or not.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

XVth Man: Luck Takes No Prisoners!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.