the toon is going dooon

we all live in an Allardyce world and Allardyce world

Sunderland 3-0 Everton:
Sam Allardyce's side secure safety
and send Norwich and Newcastle down to the Championship
the__priest
the__priest
01:37 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Enjoy Craig! What an awesome night for the north east! Well the Sunderland part what a fantastic season this has been from top to bottom and not over yet with the fight for the 4th place. Manchester United don't deserve it this season but if Swansea do City it could happen

ty ty ty
the__priest
the__priest
01:43 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
enjoy these

immortal
immortal
02:09 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
New company not a new club Keith, get it right If we were a new club we would have lost every single trophy and history we have ever got but we have not. Makes me laugh when folk talk about that and actually have no idea on the actual case. Going too possibly lift our 55th Premiership trophy next season all with history in tact. Granted we are a lucky team though as some clubs lose everything but courts seen behind the lines and done what should have been done years ago and founded years ago.

Rangers 4 - 3 Spurs today in a closed doors match, Spurs mainly played recalled players and some young promising guns though but still a nice training match especially since Rangers are waiting two weeks (might be three) for next competitive match.

Premier League will be good next season especially with Boro coming back up. I don't see Burnley staying up to be honest. Only thing Sunderland are going too miss is the derby game and the atmosphere most relish. Toon will come up though which no one should really deny. If Sunderland play like they have been in this quarter they will be safe next season i think. Start of bad like they did and most of the season then they might be looking at a tight relegation battle again.

Im more intrigued too see how West Ham do next season after such a great season for them, any thoughts on that?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:24 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I've been quite excited by the Liverpool players breaking through (and I'd genuinely forgotten about Sterling's existence he has been that underwhelming, waste of good potential). Ojo in particular has sparkled, definitely one to watch next season and only 18!

Obviously I've not seen the youth/young players breaking through for other teams, anyone got any gems breaking through for their team?
punkpoet
punkpoet
21:35 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Ben Chillwell unsure if its 3 l's or 4 lmao. LB for Leicester very talented played in the League cup very promising.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:46 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I heard he was a potential target for us

Though the big one at the moment is Gotze, Klopp could bring him in. Makes the Europa final even more important to be able to offer CL football.
the__priest
the__priest
23:10 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
my headache has just receded
the__priest
the__priest
22:27 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
one manager gone Roberto

and one packed up before we play them Watford

wow
the__priest
the__priest
21:00 Sat 14 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
City or Man Utd
to take 4th place champions league place
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:14 Sat 14 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I would say City, Swansea aren't great against the top sides. Though they have won their last 4 home games and have a good home record this season. City should edge it though with a CL spot theirs if they win and probably United's if they don't, Swansea have little to play for even though it'll be a hard game.
the__priest
the__priest
15:21 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
season is coming to an end today

I will be keeping this thread to discuss
transfers etc for next season

also lets have a summing up on your teams performance this season highs and lows
the__priest
the__priest
18:47 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
should be 2-0 to sunderland
bloody linesman got that wrong bigtime

Man Utd is unreal
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:34 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I know sad to see that happen :( I think I heard it was a fake bomb? Was a while ago so probably more info out there now.
Some sites say fake some say real who knows lol.

Edited at 20:46 Sun 15/05/16 (BST)
the__priest
the__priest
23:51 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
there must have been knowledge of it

because, Souness said he was body searched before going in and many fans have said the same
punkpoet
punkpoet
01:53 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
On MOTD they said it was a training device left by a private firm accidentally lol, im sure heads will roll
immortal
immortal
19:49 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The whole mysterious package thing has made Uniteds run this week a little more stressful i think. If game went as planned then they would have had six days till their game on the Saturday but now they only four days because of it. Might not sound like a lot but two day difference can make all the difference (better and worse)

I never ever watch the championship really but after the Newcastle and Spurs game i might actually try follow Newcastle as best as i can next season if that performance was anything to go by. Yes one goal came from a dive but too be honest i could go through every single teams games this season and pick out at least one dive from each which has led to a goal or a victory. Rafa is on the verge of staying if you ask me and it is what the team need i think.

Question for all and hopefully a non biased one from Craig since he is a Sunderland fan... Do you think if Newcastle appointed Rafa earlier (lets say four or so games earlier) that Newcastle would not have been relegated this season?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:35 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty confident they would've been clear. Could've dragged Crystal Palace properly into the scrap if Newcastle had gone above them. Bit more pressure on and they might've cracked so it wouldn't have necessarily been they replace Sunderland.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:58 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle would have survived tbh - I think possibly Crystal Palace or WBA could have been dragged in the relegation battle. Villa and Norwich would still be in the same situation and positions but also i think had Sunderland appointed Sam Allardyce too a tad sooner thy may have been more clear too.

So the managerial merry go-round can apply to many clubs and different situations may have occurred. IF Newcastle can keep the Nucleus of their team then i have no doubts they'll bounce straight back up next season.

Other news: I've read according to James Cooper SSNHQ reporter Mourinho has held positive talks with MUFC today and he will be appointed in June. LVG will be relived of his duties next week.

Hallelujah!!!
the__priest
the__priest
23:28 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
all ifs and buts

Newcastle still spent over £80 million
this season

and bought dross

your looking at Newcastle with blinkers tbh

look at their record, even with Rafa, their away record was woeful, Rafa tbh isn't that good either imo

look at Sunderland and the D ick Advocaat affair

he came to Sunderland and kept us up that was it
he spent best part of £50 million and then said the signings were rubbish
he bloody signed them

Ellis Short acted quickly and brought in Sam
he couldn't do anything until January

he brought in
Dame NDoye loan signing will go back
Jan Kirchoff £750,000
Lamine Kone £5,000,000
Wahbi Khazri £9,000,000
Steve Harper Free