FBL discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18687
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:06 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why is this thread a constant battle everyday ? I made a post thanking people and it's turned into world war 3 yet again. Seems people can't get praise either?

All I done was simply point out Sarah was to thank also for her website and the information taken from it.

No information was taken, the new site was already completed when she handed it over. So where ever you got that from you are 100% wrong sorry.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:07 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why is this thread a constant battle everyday ? I made a post thanking people and it's turned into world war 3 yet again. Seems people can't get praise either?

All I done was simply point out Sarah was to thank also for her website and the information taken from it.

No information was taken, the new site was already completed when she handed it over. So where ever you got that from you are 100% wrong sorry.

I said if we needed info off there we would take it.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:12 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

I said if we needed info off there we would take it.

Yeah i know what you said mate but im pointing out a fact to schutzenmaus that neither myself or Jema took anything from Sarah's website as we had finished the website already apart from the re wording of some of the rules as you know
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:30 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
to be fair matty didn't know sarah was going to hand the site over, he thought it was deleted, remember in FCL a number of times before i became a league runner the sites got taken down with no available information so matty did the right thing asking Jem to do the site which it looks better than the old one (never really fond of google sites anyway) but kudos to sarah for handing site over some past league runners wouldn't do this but give credit where its due instead of arguing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:02 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Come off it they capped the FBL thread and deactivated, wasn't exactly trying to leave it ready to be taken over.
Handing over the site was just a public relations exercise (when it was obvious we were carrying on the league) as it doesn't look good trying to destroy the league on the way out the door.
Say what you want but that's my opinion on it anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Do some of you never read back on these posts and just cringe in embarrassment?? I know I have in the past with some of what I posted.

Can we not just stop the petty bickering now and leave this thread to discussing positively any future improvements to the league, format, rules etc?

Thanks
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:40 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Come off it they capped the FBL thread and deactivated, wasn't exactly trying to leave it ready to be taken over.

I wasn't here when it got capped i don't think im just trying to be a neutral here instead of trying to take sides.

anyways back to business anything what needs discussing?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What would you like to discuss?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:51 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not having 4 killer games of 3x3 in 2weeks?

Like we were chatting about in offline the other day
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:53 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not having 4 killer games of 3x3 in 2weeks?

Like we were chatting about in offline the other day

You have 16 players in a clan that isn't even 1 game each a fortnight
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:53 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes we was chatting but thinking about it more it can be done quite simply really. I mean last night we had a killer game and although we had to look for opponents it wasn't that hard to set up was it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah but if you think bout it the players that are on for example having kept my eyes open are the same people, 3 more entirely Different people could be alot harder. You haven't trialled what you are asking teams to do.

You are giving a 'chance' to 3x3 and said there is no problem when we've been asked to complete a quarter of what we would do in the real league! It's like saying you can run 1600m cos 400m wasn't that bad and only had half a dozen issues!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not saying that it definately wont work, just want to make that clear.

But an ounce of proof that it does would be nice?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:11 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well this is meant with the utmost respect. Why can't we give it a chance and play the games instead of sitting here looking for problems with it. That will then proves It works. As I said meant with respect so don't take it personally :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah but if you think bout it the players that are on for example having kept my eyes open are the same people, 3 more entirely Different people could be alot harder. You haven't trialled what you are asking teams to do.

You are giving a 'chance' to 3x3 and said there is no problem when we've been asked to complete a quarter of what we would do in the real league! It's like saying you can run 1600m cos 400m wasn't that bad and only had half a dozen issues!

The vast majority of players in clan leagues play at peak times UK time so 3 different players is not a problem at all, still got over 80% of your clan to choose from after 1 game is done.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:14 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well this is meant with the utmost respect. Why can't we give it a chance and play the games instead of sitting here looking for problems with it. That will then proves It works. As I said meant with respect so don't take it personally :-)

What iv just said is it would be nice to see it tested out even for just 3 clan in 2 weeks see how much work it actually is.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:24 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We didn't have time to do testing after everything that happened we had to make a decision wether to bring it in And we made that decision and we understand people scepticism over the whole thing but we feel strongly that it will work and be a huge hit. I mean blessed did u enjoy watching the opposing team snooker themselves last night rather than knock us out? Lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Youv got a week now, few volenteer clans, if ipotalot is right wont be that much hassle and im sure he would volenteer to prove his point
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:40 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't agree with the four games in two weeks like i mentioned to you the other day Matty, i think the two games in two weeks would be much better but as it is the first season of killer being here i am more than willing to see how this goes this season. If it doesnt work out right then it can always be changed in season six
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:43 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Youv got a week now, few volenteer clans, if ipotalot is right wont be that much hassle and im sure he would volenteer to prove his point

Already said we will be looking at playing another game with mouseketeers before the deadline, we could have played one the next day or probably any evening since with 3 different players but as Zac has had a lot on his plate organising mouses after sarah deactivated and as FCL deadline is tomorrow and FBL is next week we thought it best to leave it to the start of next week.
(now globally recognised symbol for smug nur nur nur nur forum posts)
Pages: 18687
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.