FBL discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18788
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There would be no point having just the one as it then contradicts the whole reason it's been brought in. It's here due to straight decidin fixtures. If we said one game and u can use the same players well I'm sorry but ss will use. Seb,tinie,Steve UT would use banana,ego and chocco. Would that be fair to smaller clans what were trying to do is give everyone the chance not just the "bigger" teams.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Then after youv done that you could play another 2 games v another clan im sure we could volenteer too to see how it goes.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:48 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How can you say that though about using the same players? In Straight it is 95% of the time the same players from each clan that play that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:50 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes but why should they be playing straight then going on to play straight where most straight players can single handedly win a killer game?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:51 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not sure how you could garrentee a team list though surely it just depends on whos on at that time??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
How can you say that though about using the same players? In Straight it is 95% of the time the same players from each clan that play that.

Jay if it was one game then clans would wait till they had their best 3 online to play the game, causing arguments between clans, people dodging the game until their superstars are all on at once and more defaults.
2 of the 3 players playing would be no doubt the 2 superstars that play straight in 95% of the games...that isn't the idea behind introducing killer.
horse10000
horse10000

And it will be the same players that play killer. Only difference it will be the 6 top ones that teams use.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not sure how you could garrentee a team list though surely it just depends on whos on at that time??

I don't think u Gould have I send a team list for the killer in it's a case of who is on at the time arranged.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:53 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just don't see why it could not be two games a fortnight, every player is beatable in my eyes in any game type. It is not life and death . Anyway i agreed to the four games in a fortnight anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:54 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

And it will be the same players that play killer. Only difference it will be the 6 top ones that teams use.

Agreed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:55 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As you said jay if we have got it wrong and people hate the league this season it can be rectified next season we are just askin for co-operation and patience this season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:57 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Agreed

Possiblyso by there is better ways of gainin the points in the killer as shown last night by Aaron in our game when it was one vs two?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
As you said jay if we have got it wrong and people hate the league this season it can be rectified next season we are just askin for co-operation and patience this season.

I know what we are asking for but from first hand experience we are not going to get that , but yeah like i said it can always be changed so it is all good in the FBL hood.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)

That's fair enough but it will be more the best clans winning things than the people with the best 2 straight players in the league getting a 12 point head start in every game with no chance for clans to recover.
Killer is a hell of a lot more popular than straight as well keith so deserves its place in there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:03 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
People have got these killer matches done on the first or second day of trying, a lot of 1 v 1 clan games are a lot harder to get done by that evidence.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:05 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Speaking of Killer....

Lee have you managed to write up the killer rules yet? When you do them and send them make sure to make each rule on a new line so we can put the numbers next to them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:07 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I hope he knew he was writing them has :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:07 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Will do them in a bit Jay can I just send them in a message on here or do you need them in a different format?
Had hassles before with all the different formatting with people getting text documents properly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:08 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Coming from someone who wasn't particularly keen on the killer idea, but slowly warming to it (i suppose ), I think the format that has been decided on is the best way to implement it into the league, the two 3v3 games per fixture.

People just need to give it a chance, it has its pros and cons but we will never know unless its actually attempted
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:09 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Message will be fine mate.

Even if you send them one by one so we can make sure we dont put two rules together haha
Pages: 18788
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.