Get more people!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:42 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For the benefit of the rest of us, can you look into methods of getting more people interested in the game. You look at the miniclip pool game and people flock to it but here, it's getting harder and harder to get a game, tournaments are pretty much empty most of the time. It's getting harder to enjoy this game!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick should be looking at those kinds of gaming websites such as miniclip and addictinggames to see if we can get advertising on there.

As far as online pool goes funkypool is the best one I have come across.
If this happens already then my apologies but I haven't seen them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick should be looking at those kinds of gaming websites such as miniclip and addictinggames to see if we can get advertising on there.

As far as online pool goes funkypool is the best one I have come across.
If this happens already then my apologies but I haven't seen them

I'm pretty sure there isn't any external advertising
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i have noticed it is now on google+
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:15 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick wants profit not to spend money, although if he did advertise on sites like that he may actually get more members which means maybe more premium.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:20 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What he should do is allow more features for people to buy in to.

Rather than just having the single premium membership why not have smaller things people could purchase i.e. £1.50 for a different cue for a year or something.

Other things could be, different coloured cloths, cue balls, themes. Some of these things could be available separate from the basic premium membership, maybe offer a bigger premium package.

There are lots of things Nick could explore here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:22 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think he could also exploit the popularity of clans too, offering them clan only perks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You also need to think about friendly players, if jerks are going to come on funkypool then it won't be long before they get banned,

I recommend everyone gets a printer, print a few homepages of funkypool and go out and stick them to walls, shops wherever and however
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:45 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Print off like business type card things (non card) and randomly drop a few around some places where your walking and stuff People are that nosey that they do actually pick that kind of stuff up
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
20:47 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Greater use of social media is the answer...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:56 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Print off like business type card things (non card) and randomly drop a few around some places where your walking and stuff People are that nosey that they do actually pick that kind of stuff up

Yes! Pretty much something like that. We (the public) can help advertise funkypool. Its not all down to nick
its_me
its_me
22:16 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yes! Pretty much something like that. We (the public) can help advertise funkypool. Its not all down to nick

why would u do that.. u dont get paid pal. theres only nick that profits
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:18 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  

why would u do that.. u dont get paid pal. theres only nick that profits

True but i would do anything to see more people on this site, more competition.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:19 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I meant mine as a joke in return to what Phil said before it.

Wouldn't catch me doing it like but if someone wants to then feel free to
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:26 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
at the moment we only have facebook and google plus. What about others like Twitter and maybe a trailer, doesn't have to be red hot, just like videos on game server etc.

i would try it but i can't do anything fancy on windows movie maker.

This is best i can do:

Video may not show in some countries (i.e. Germany) due to the music

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/6718/carom-demonstration/1

Edited at 19:31 Sat 08/06/13 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:30 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What he should do is allow more features for people to buy in to.

Rather than just having the single premium membership why not have smaller things people could purchase i.e. £1.50 for a different cue for a year or something.

Other things could be, different coloured cloths, cue balls, themes. Some of these things could be available separate from the basic premium membership, maybe offer a bigger premium package.

There are lots of things Nick could explore here.

good idea, Themes, Cloths, Cues, Music on Profile + Game, Record feature, Stop watch etc. could be a feature to upload your very own cloth, cue etc which only yourself can see (would show as a normal cue elsewhere) that would stop extra work of mods to accept them unless they do not mind.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I was saying to Jay, how long does it take to implement a new cue? Perhaps if you went down the route of say a clan membership, you could submit a clan cue design (obviously for a fee) and your players have the option to buy it or not.

I am not too bothered about the music or record, that is for the more serious pooler but I think more visual aspects could be the initial selling points and progress from there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:39 Sat 8 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there anyway to have our own entrance music when going into a tournament room?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:05 Fri 14 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice ideas from some of you, but most of you are well wide of the mark. Cues and cloths would be nice features for people already here but they won't actually get people here in the first place. Where people are most these days is on their phones or on social media. nick obviously knows this as he's done his bit by advertising it on social media and getting a phone-friendly version of the game.

Thems the facts.
_niall_
_niall_
00:07 Fri 14 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there anyway to have our own entrance music when going into a tournament room?

Ahahahahahah I love this!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get more people!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.