Get more people!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
15:45 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Also, nothing has been posted on the Facebook page since 20th April. I would of thought at the very least a post would of been made about the new update we had about 2 months ago? There will be people who like that page that have forgotten all about funky, and won't be reminded about it either if there's no activity going on on the page.

Might of even encouraged people to play again with the updates, or at least check it out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol i wasn't on about me, just an example. Only way is to advertise, show positive feedback on the site comments from players etc, make the site more user friendly etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
How about a reward scheme? Introduce 5 new players and they buy a premium membership then you get the next 12 months free? Im only thinking of some ideas don't shoot the messenger lol.

Introduce gold, silver and bronze memberships:

Gold - £9.99 (12 months)
Silver - £6.99 (6 months)
Bronze - £ £4.99 (3 months)

If you buy a bronze once ran out u must buy a silver one next, had a,silver must take out a gold etc.

Edited at 13:27 Sat 15/06/13 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:31 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
nah, i came up with that idea which is good but forcing people to upgrade isn't the way to go.

Diamond - £14.99 (24 months)
Gold - £8.99 (12 months)
Silver - £4.99 (6 months)
Bronze - £2.99 (3 months)
Iron - £0.99 (1 month)

would be my idea, then if people can only afford 3 months then so be it. nick would still be making money and paying for 12 Iron @ £0.99 would be £11.88 so nick would be making a profit plus it could be more affordable for others.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:35 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Facebook and Twitter would do the trick, We could make a page (I know we have one but we could link it to facebook game plus the site). then we could write news whats going on in the community
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
16:40 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Facebook and Twitter would do the trick, We could make a page (I know we have one but we could link it to facebook game plus the site). then we could write news whats going on in the community

I hadn't thought of that, create an 'Unofficial' funkypool Facebook page (I suppose there'd be 2 then ), but would get more activity than the current one. Go for it
_marc_
_marc_
23:07 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the ranked tournaments are a good idea, because like someone said, it stops people from just being able to choose their opponents according to rank. The problem is, there is just too many tournaments. The main thing that got me stuck on the site when I first started was the challenge of winning tournaments. Any tournament i joined when i started easily had over 20 people in it.

You lose alot at first but that just encourages you to get the mindset "I'll keep playing and get good enough to beat these top players one day." All tournament rounds were atleast 2 wins to advance (apart from the speed tournaments) which meant it was alot harder to advance and therefore more of an achievement. Fairly easy to come on and fluke one win against someone and get the tournament achievement now. Don't think the site has the personal achievement feeling anymore that it used to.
_marc_
_marc_
23:09 Sat 15 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Likewise; a newbie can come on and finally reach a tournament final, then they lose to a golden break or runout(especially in arcade) and if it's a race to 1 win, they get frustrated log out and never come back .
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:43 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the ranked tournaments are a good idea, because like someone said, it stops people from just being able to choose their opponents according to rank. The problem is, there is just too many tournaments. The main thing that got me stuck on the site when I first started was the challenge of winning tournaments. Any tournament i joined when i started easily had over 20 people in it.
Two very good points. The first is one of the main arguments for ranked tournaments.

The second is the same for me. The biggest challenge in the beginning was to finally get a tournament win. At this point, there were hourly tournaments- still enough so you wouldn't have to wait forever, but tough enough to make a tourney win a real achievement. You would ALWAYS have to beat at least one or two virtuosos to win a tourney. That has been lost a bit.

advertise, advertise, advertise.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Two very good points. The first is one of the main arguments for ranked tournaments.

The second is the same for me. The biggest challenge in the beginning was to finally get a tournament win. At this point, there were hourly tournaments- still enough so you wouldn't have to wait forever, but tough enough to make a tourney win a real achievement. You would ALWAYS have to beat at least one or two virtuosos to win a tourney. That has been lost a bit.

advertise, advertise, advertise.

Exactly it took me about 8 months to get my first tourny win, people can log on now and win one within a matter of hours.

When it took me so long I was even worse than I am now, and there were less tournaments (even before the 1 per hour) and each tournament had at least 2 or 3 of the top 10 in that discipline in it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I just seen a member got 100 8us runouts but to obtain this ( albiet 1 run out needed ) it was 10 games against a guest to achive it....glory...i think not.
_marc_
_marc_
16:16 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Thank you mich and seb, I think alot of people would agree with going back to hourly tournaments to bring the challenge back to the game. Have your main gametype tournaments start on the hour (us8, 9ball, UK, and straight)

And if people actually like these awful arcade games and you have to keep them then have them start at the half hour marks.
EX: 00:00 9ball
00:30 8ball arcade
01:00 us8
01:30 9ball arcade

Micro tournies shouldn't exist to be honest. No ones in ranked games anymore because there are so many tournaments available. Most people are certainly going to join a tournament rather than create a room and wait for an opponent.

Get the UK marathon on a 24 hour schedule again too, in primetime for you UK people. (9 or 10 pm?) I wouldn't be able to play it because of my work schedule but it would certainly get more people on here
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Keep the Micros because for people not in clans or whatever, it gives us the only chance we have for a regular game with a competitive edge. Bin the Tourny points for Micros but keep them going - the more the better. Without them, your average user would have no games to play and would mean even less people stick around.

Real tournaments can be hourly or whatever players want I suppose.
_marc_
_marc_
16:27 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
see ^^^^ players don't even realize there is a "create gameroom feature". They think the only way they can even play games is in tournaments
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:34 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've got an idea on how to get more people to join....
Right...tommorrow at precisely 9am GMT every member of funkypool is to run outside in their pants waving a sign that say 'www.funkypool.com' above their heads whilst dancing like deranged monkeys
fuunky
fuunky
16:59 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I just seen a member got 100 8us runouts but to obtain this ( albiet 1 run out needed ) it was 10 games against a guest to achive it....glory...i think not.

It makes no difference, the best player on the game can't stop you from hitting a run out so I don't get what you mean

Totally agree with you Mark, but it won't happen, scrap loads of the tournaments then a lot more people will play normal ranked matches, It's virtually impossible to find a game everytime I log in which surely can't be good for new members who join.
_marc_
_marc_
17:09 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  

It makes no difference, the best player on the game can't stop you from hitting a run out so I don't get what you mean

Totally agree with you Mark, but it won't happen, scrap loads of the tournaments then a lot more people will play normal ranked matches, It's virtually impossible to find a game everytime I log in which surely can't be good for new members who join.

Totally agree, Firstly i chose not to respond to that runout comment because i didn't want to seem mean lol. You're comment about not being able to find a game because of tournys is exactly my point, well said. It's a ghost town for any player looking to play a game.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
17:14 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  

No idea why this was posted, maybe the_saint can explain ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:52 Sun 16 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
how many times are we going to bring up the topic of less tournaments before nick actually does something though?

It is 100% right that anyone looking to play pool will find this great site, instantly see how good it looks and feels, but as soon as they go to find a game... oh where is one?

The only ranked game I seem to be able to get into these days is 8UK - but I prefer to play US tables.

We DO need to go back to fewer tournaments, definitely scrap the micro's as then we might actually get some more players on the site.
_niall_
_niall_
05:20 Mon 17 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I would almost go as far as saying it's pathetic how tournaments have changed on here from how it was. I'll do my best not to sound disrepectful but there's not a chance in hell that some of the people in the top 25-30 overall tournament wins would be there if the tournament schedule was how it was previosuly. There ought to be, and historically always was a sense of pride and achievement associated with winning a tournament, now it is absolutely meaningless, much like micro tournaments.

Currently, too many people are hung up on entering anything and everything they can just to rack up tournapoints. The achievements in this game presently are all directly proportionate to the amount of time spent on here rather than one's true ability. That's the primary reason why I stopped coming on here for as long as I did. I don't enjoy playing 12 man tournaments, even if I win them, as it's rarely all that challenging. The site 100% needs some sort of a makeover to restore some of it's prestige, sadly this has been the case for far too long.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get more people!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.