(IP Logged)
17:07 Sat 28 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Liverpool win

Was it ever in doubt

Hahahahahahah u utd lot
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:12 Sat 28 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Performance was there, Carroll looked good holding the ball and had some nice first touches - brilliant for Kuyt to score now. Bellamy a bit too quiet when he came on but overall performance was good enough, a bit more open than the game against them earlier in the season but still looked the better team and deserved the win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:36 Sat 28 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
far from an open game ...we took the lead sat back gave them possession with they done nothing with until poor mistake by enrique....

2nd half not many chances created if any quality flick on by carroll ok finish by dirk although maybe de gea could of done better
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
00:57 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I heard fry was part of a betting scandal
fry06
fry06
01:04 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
shhhhhhh
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:05 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i knew it
fry06
fry06
02:34 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dont blow my cover
naaaaaaaaath
naaaaaaaaath
20:31 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What a joke the F.A cup game yesterday was..

First of all fergie got it wrong playing de gea he just is not ready yet another horror show from him, also only playing welbeck up front on his own instead of putting hernandez or berbatov with him!!

Liverpools approach was very negative i felt, never looked like going for it they just nicked a sloppy goal then parked the bus. (much like they did against city) without suarez they have nothing going foward apart from bellamy who cant play all the time.

Having said that united wernt great (difficult when playing against 11 players behind the ball) a draw would have been a fair result.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Everton are in talks with Rangers about signing Jelavic

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7464428/Everton-in-bid-for-Jelavic
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a relief he wont be coming to this side of liverpool
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:41 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
naaaaaaaaath said:
What a joke the F.A cup game yesterday was..

First of all fergie got it wrong playing de gea he just is not ready yet another horror show from him, also only playing welbeck up front on his own instead of putting hernandez or berbatov with him!!

Liverpools approach was very negative i felt, never looked like going for it they just nicked a sloppy goal then parked the bus. (much like they did against city) without suarez they have nothing going foward apart from bellamy who cant play all the time.

Having said that united wernt great (difficult when playing against 11 players behind the ball) a draw would have been a fair result.

yep as i said a bad performance by us yday, but when you look at the result does it matter...Who did Utd get in the draw today...enough said
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:47 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Liverpool deserved the win, and was justice for the hammering they gave united to only get a draw last time.

Liverpool went into the game with strength and experience in mind, but still had 7 attack minded players outfield. Needed Carragher as the anchor, because we've been missing Lucas holding in midfield.

United set up to keep possession, so going for an offencive formation would leave you open to easy exploitation.

If liverpool had just parked the bus, and not tried to go for it - why did they have 14 attempts compared to united's 9 (with 9 on target for liverpool and 3 for united) despite seeing a lot more of the ball

Even without Suarez, and Bellamy didn't do much at all when he came on, yet still made more (and better) chances than united.

Better team on the day won
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:52 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carroll was playing well, some nice touches and flick on's which is what we need more from him (he set up the winner)

Downing was looking good, with dangerous crosses and one or two good efforts on goal.

Agger and Skrtel scored and saved a goal between them, Kelly looked good, Enrique should've done better on the United goal (but did better than Evra on the winner)

Bellamy didn't really show up when he was subbed on, Adam could've done a bit more but Kuyt's finish was excellent - nothing more than he deserved from this season

Was liverpool's change of emphasis followed by united's shift from a 5 man midfield that turned the second half to us looking like scoring.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:24 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
red4ever said:

He's a good finisher if he actually gets some service from midfield
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:50 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
broxi said:
red4ever said:

I like him think would do ok on red side.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:56 Sun 29 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
staffie_man said:
broxi said:
red4ever said:

I like him think would do ok on red side.

He was doing great up until Naismith got injured. After that we had no one really putting crosses and passes into him, was just hopeful punts from the halfway line most of the time
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premiership Football Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.