FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
the__priest
the__priest
15:40 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
less players more reliable clans

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
16's the same old, nothing wrong with trying something new, will either release one or make reserve, so I say 15 then following season 14 and so on.

15!

Also can we this season when we submit our team lists can we put in brackets subs for that particular match as well. Hopefully might eradicate all this tactical subs malarkey and league runners will be in the-know from the beginning.

Edited at 13:14 Tue 17/06/14 (BST)
fuunky
fuunky
16:15 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
less players more reliable clans

Loyalty is key to reliability, most clans would struggle to get 10 loyal players so that still wouldn't make a reliable clan imo.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would say its pretty much looking like 16 for this season and then see what the view is after that.

Why would league runners care who subs and when (other than it being a valid player of course)? We have tried to do away with needless rules and restrictions over the last couple of seasons which I think has been for the better.

If any team really does not want to play against a named sub then the choice is there not to play the game, or make a sub of their own.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Okay - no probs -
fuunky
fuunky
18:23 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How many people asked you to post the idea of reducing clan numbers Chris, I am guessing 1 person?
horse10000
horse10000
22:56 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
As clans all seem to like 16 players but we would all like more clans and more teams challenging etc. We could just split all current clans in half to 8 players per clan and play 4 games per fixture so plenty of games for all. Shorter format would mean more upsets but no doubt it would still be the usual suspects who ended up at the top but there would be at least 5 or 6 clans in with a realistic chance of winning the league, maybe more. But the clans once split couldn't swap players between them they would be two separate clans. Just a suggestion to try and spice the clan league up as the majority keep saying it is boring and needs to be changed yet when people suggest change they all then say oh I don't want that!!!
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:11 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
As clans all seem to like 16 players but we would all like more clans and more teams challenging etc. We could just split all current clans in half to 8 players per clan and play 4 games per fixture so plenty of games for all. Shorter format would mean more upsets but no doubt it would still be the usual suspects who ended up at the top but there would be at least 5 or 6 clans in with a realistic chance of winning the league, maybe more. But the clans once split couldn't swap players between them they would be two separate clans. Just a suggestion to try and spice the clan league up as the majority keep saying it is boring and needs to be changed yet when people suggest change they all then say oh I don't want that!!!

Haha the end is so true, we are a fickle bunch.
fuunky
fuunky
23:25 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the only way to create more clans but would it work
faust
faust
23:57 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Could trail it by keeping the SL as it was last season, but not allowing interchanges between the two teams each clan entered!
franer_
franer_
00:16 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
erm

nope..im not in a clan iv no influence
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

wheres the like button thats a good idea
erigert
erigert
01:12 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

i cant think of any clan who has 16 active players, so to split them in half would increase number of defaults. Look how many games were played in sl when pros played each other in the semis.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:20 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Me, Alex and chris mentioned this last week and I mentioned it to fuunky - the possibility in having an A & B side but a few possible conflicts came in to question: Like:

1. How would we split the sides?

Whilst this would increase the amount of teams it will have no effect on defaults, people would start moaning too many fixtures.

So keep it as it is for now, gently bring in some changes but nothing which could be deemed as too drastic. I like the idea in slowly reducing the amount within a team, that could help - as for loyalty, it works both ways.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
01:57 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It wouldnt suprise me, if the league only finished with 5 6 teams at the end of next season

uprising (1)
pros if matty has the time and the resources (?)
wolf pack- chappy seems to have settled the ship (2)
pds seem to have a continuety of players (3)
unbeatables - turtles ran a decent side with limited activity (4)
pheonix storm (5) and a posssible question mark over them, always seem to have the numbers but the ulra competeive nature of how there ran can cause mayhem if people dont lkie it, and will be hard for struggling teams to get on with them if they have low numbers

underdogs- always seem to come up trumps and keep going but have a very small list at min , and must be very hard work and time consuming for cke (x)

monkeys- not interested in leageue and have set a jungke ladder up (x)

other teams just seem to be part of a constant merrygoround of ex captains reforming new teams , just for the sake of being a captain and when chips are down seem to disapeer, kenny might suceed but always seem to have people making things hard for him

if the captains known for tactical subs start messing around with games to acheive big indivisual scores its going to demoralise the lesser teams and cause havocl i personally hope they all run ok and to the end, but i just cant see it

In my opinion the captains that have been around in my tiome such as matty , seb and faust have done good jobs and there who we need about to run a succesful league
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
01:59 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i think next season could be the begining of the end for clan pool, i really hope it isnt, and i dont think its how its ran, its simply because of lack of interest, only certain teams can win it, and poor captaincy
the__priest
the__priest
02:27 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
then now is the time to change

is it not

remember when it was 10 players
it was easy

Change isn't a crisis, try it

or seed every player and allocate them to a clan
an idea

the worst part of my post is it will be shot down

clan leagues are like Scottish football 2 teams every season

come on smell the coffee

CHANGE isn't bad
if it doesn't work revert back, but at least try
and only 2 leagues

the demands of clan pool are killing the leagues and the site

a question to everyone

now the season has finished, how much crap is there
on threads
simple next to none,

have one 2 leagues then a large singles league with divisions
to see who the elite players are, premier league etc

promotion and relegation
if players want egos, why be in a team, show it in a singles league, then have 10 players in one or 2 leagues
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
02:32 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
then now is the time to change

is it not

remember when it was 10 players
it was easy

Change isn't a crisis, try it

or seed every player and allocate them to a clan
an idea

the worst part of my post is it will be shot down

clan leagues are like Scottish football 2 teams every season

come on smell the coffee

CHANGE isn't bad
if it doesn't work revert back, but at least try
and only 2 leagues

the demands of clan pool are killing the leagues and the site

a question to everyone

now the season has finished, how much crap is there
on threads
simple next to none,

have one 2 leagues then a large singles league with divisions
to see who the elite players are, premier league etc

promotion and relegation
if players want egos, why be in a team, show it in a singles league, then have 10 players in one or 2 leagues

if u had a singles league as soon as a player couldnt win it they woukld leave, so thats not going to work, theres nothing wrong with the structure,apart from maybe making 2 divisions so everyone as something to play for
the__priest
the__priest
02:34 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
has there ever been a singles league >>> NO
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
02:39 Wed 18 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
has there ever been a singles league >>> NO

singles events all time, never get finished, players championship, i got through 4 games without playing them , dunt that tell a story
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.