Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18687
_mich_
_mich_
17:34 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
1. Gerrard is an idiot.
2. Skrtel will almost certainly face FA action.
3. Fellaini should have been at least booked.
4. Jones lucky to be on the pitch.
5. Mario possibly lucky not to have seen a red card.
6. Not one player showed up for Liverpool today.
7. United by far the better team and not just because we were poor.
8. Sterling needs to turn it in with these 150k a week shouts if he is performing like he has in the past month or 2.
9. Outclassed, out thought, out played.
10. What a second goal by Mata, ridiculous technique.
11. Why Allen started ofer Gerrard or Lucas annoys me, yeah he has had a great last 2 or 3 games but he is not a big game player.
12. Moreno, Sterling, Can, Gerrard(especially so), Henderson, and allen should all publically apologise for their performances out there today, I could have picked 6 random people from the crowd who would have gae a better performance.
13. Need to basically win the rest of our games left if we want 4th, maybe we should be logical about it and focus on the FA Cup and trying to bag some silverware.

Well played United.
Sort it out Liverpool.
_mich_
_mich_
17:34 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think if Lucas plays on Sunday then Fellaini will be out of the game, as for being excited for Falcao to start up top with Rooney, have you missed the first 28 games of the season mate? He has been absolutely dog turd.

Even Di Maria recently has been poor, but I thik the rest over the weekend will have invigorated him and he will come back stronger, But with Gerrard and Lucas both looking fit I think we will have enough defensively to mark them both out the game which will mean Rooney will be trying to do 3 jobs and it will make him less effective.

Then you couple your terrible and rather slow defence vs our fast and tricky attack on paper it would mean that David De Gea will get yet another man of the match performance this season or it could be a disasterous day for United.

^^^ All what I have said is based on form/ability on paper etc etc, but we all know massive games like this aren't decided on those factors.

I think our mentality has been great recently but that demolition of Spurs by United and the favt they could just relax for 45 mins of the match will mean they have a lot of confidence. It's gonna be close, very close I reckon.

I will go for 2-1 either way with at least 1 penalty and 1 red card. (team who gets red card to lose but hard to call yet haha)

^^^

I only went and called it right didn't I?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:36 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sure did mate - I thought it was the best I've seen United play - Liverpool couldn't get the ball and really maybe 2 or 3 red cards they should have had.

Balotelli, Skrtel - Sorry but I know there's rivalry but that's taking it TOO far.

Lallana's chance was a brilliant move - so unlucky to miss - DDG were well beaten by the swerve and pace alone. Good goal by Sturridge but United fully deserved the Win.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:18 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
2-1 was absolutely the right score, firs half United deserved 1-0 but didn't have any sort of goal threat to warrant more. They just kept the ball and jammed the Liverpool midfield like Swansea. As soon as Di Maria wasn't starting you knew that was what they would set up to do and Rodgers should've seen that, too stubborn sometimes when something doesn't work.

I we'd have started like we should've with the diamond that was effective in the second half of Swansea then United wouldn't have got nearly as much joy. The attacking wingback system cost us both goals with Moreno not dropping deep enough.

We didn't give the United defence enough to worry about because they weren't at their best at all. Jones was a liability for his fouls, though he is a good defender otherwise. Should've had 2 definite yellows, the ref didn't have an arguments for the way he was reffing it but he ended up being terribly inconsistent with the yellows. Fellaini got away with no yellow for doing worse than Allen, Di Maria deliberately hand balled it which everyone everywhere saw but the ref didn't give the booking he should've for it. He got all the Liverpool decisions right but the. Was lenient for those when a lot of the time they were mirrored. Oh and the pen just made me lose hope in the English game that a player will go down under such minimal contact. Every team is guilty of it, go forbid a player tries to stay on his feet.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:23 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Gerrard was stupid, if he'd have been on the second half with the way we played it could've easily tipped things in our favour because we started to play the right way. Just ended up exposed with the man down as didn't quite have enough in attack to win the second half. A draw was fair in that half and I think Mignolet made a cracking save to right the wrong.

De Gea was a joke getting up after bing injured and going back down after he'd caused trouble. Like Nani a few seasons ago where Carra should've been sent, was a poor sportsman and made himself look a fool and it was pretty funny that he started crying after he tried to get the player sent off at the expense of doing himself more damage and diving down.

Well played United though, deserved the 2-1. Hopefully we can bounce back and get right back in the top 4 hunt.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:26 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Crouch needs to watch Fellaini play. Fellaini gets away with so much and so many fouls where Crouch gets (or has been in the past) penalised for being tall. It's a joke sometimes, with the amount of diving players do.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:58 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Football could learn a lot from Rugby

What football player would get up after that?
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:19 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully our relegation battles are over now, two back to back premier league wins wahooo!!
the__priest
the__priest
02:15 Thu 2 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
well the big day is sunday

3-1 sunderland

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
foxhound
foxhound
13:16 Thu 2 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sterling doesn't want to be perceived as a 'money grabber' and just wants to play games and win trophies...

If that's the case, my guess is he's turning down £100K a week in the hope that another club will come in for him because he doesn't think Liverpool are capable of winning a trophy...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:32 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Please , please, please dont let it be 5 in a row.

Howay the Toon
the__priest
the__priest
12:25 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Please , please, please dont let it be 5 in a row.

Howay the Toon

I truly believe if we don't win, we will go down a draw aint good enough

I think 3-1 Sunderland
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:10 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Sunderland will win but will be 4-1, Perez no doubt will score for NUFC but i fancy Defoe to score a brace along with a new resurgent Fletcher. (hatrick for Scotland would have done wonders for his confidence)

Just have a feeling Sunderland under a well organised Advocaat will run riot

Edited at 16:00 Sat 04/04/15 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:59 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't see Arsenal winning 4-1 vs Liverpool, think it's safe to say they won't be finishing in the CL places now? Should Brendan Rogers get sacked too? Especially the amount of money he's spent?

I think so - I'd like see R.De Boer given the chance to manage in the PL -

Preferably not at Liverpool but maybe Newcastle United instead.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:16 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Grrreeeaaat Goal by Adam 1-1 Chelsea vs Stoke!!!!
_mich_
_mich_
22:20 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't see Arsenal winning 4-1 vs Liverpool, think it's safe to say they won't be finishing in the CL places now? Should Brendan Rogers get sacked too? Especially the amount of money he's spent?

I think so - I'd like see R.De Boer given the chance to manage in the PL -

Preferably not at Liverpool but maybe Newcastle United instead.

I knw it was coming.

Don't wanna go into a rant but the only player to show any heart/passion (for Liverpool) today got sent off. The other playe who should have been man of the match SHOULD have been sent off Bellerin eas exceptional..

We were run over from the start first 15 minutes were terrible as were the last 10 mins of the first half. Second half I was drunk and couldn't care less what happened, I knew we would be humiliated anyway as I told Seb last night, I thought 3-1 would be the score but hey not too far out.

Imagine your season coming down to a replay vs Blackburn... away from home wothout 3 of your best players... oh yay.

Lucas Moreno Toure Markovic Allen Lucas all terrible.

If Lucas wasn't fully fit why start him? I'd have rather have Sturridge with Sterling on the wing to combat Sanche/ozil but that's just me.

Sterling also is a thief. Over 100K for what he does? I'd do more for that Brendan ffs I'd at least pass and get a couple shots on target.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:52 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Didn't he decline that contract or has he caved in?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:00 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Terrible day, but it's not a disaster. Calling for Rodgers head over this is rubbish because that would set us back years when someone new comes in and starts rebuilding all over. We shouldn't be one of those teams who ed up with 3 managers in 3 seasons or worse, just because things weren't going well. We've still fought for 4th this season, which we hadn't managed before Rodgers for a few seasons, the squad is pretty young and still needs to grow. Plus we have Gerrard coming out this season so it's likely there's gonna be more changes in the squad next season.

Net spending averages about 30-35 million per season which isn't too bad. Especially considering the money the likes of the Manchester clubs throw at players. Anyone else new would have to spend a lot more money to get the squad they want. Focus on keeping Sterling because at least his price tag gets bumped up of he wants out, get rid of the flops and buy a goal scorer. I can handle crappy defending if we score for fun
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:07 Sat 4 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Only problem I have with Rodgers is how long he takes to change the system when it doesn't work. When after 15 minutes a system doesn't work, he often waits till half time to make the changes he needed to earlier and we chase games. I'd like to see the diamond midfield return for a few games because Blackburn was the start of the bad run because they figured out the formation.

We need a huge win at some point soon, If 4th is beyond us we need to at least cement 5th. That way United still need to plug along.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Sun 5 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What a goal from Defoe , And just well played from the mackems, Newcastle didnt turn up untill the last 5 mins or so, absolute awful to watch from a Newcastle fans point of view, never seemed to even try and attack, never looked like we wanted to score, Would like to say a massive respect to the Sunderland fans for the applause in the 17th minute, Well Done and Well played
Pages: 18687
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.