Pages: 123
_marc_
_marc_
05:37 Mon 17 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
almost shed a tear there, that was beautiful
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Mon 17 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For all of the excellent and perfectly valid points made during this discussion about schedules etc, it also makes perfect sense that there should be some kind of achievement available for players that can spend as much time as possible on here. After all those are the type of members the site runners would want to keep sweet. If every player just dipped in and out occasionally - eg maybe just to play one favourite tournament - then there would be even less active members online at any given time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:26 Mon 17 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I just seen a member got 100 8us runouts but to obtain this ( albiet 1 run out needed ) it was 10 games against a guest to achive it....glory...i think not.

Of course that's still a great thing to do, 100 8us runouts is not easy wether its against a guest or actual members, a runout has no emphasis on what your opponent does as its only you who can do it or not.

Edited at 11:08 Mon 17/06/13 (BST)
_marc_
_marc_
15:09 Sun 30 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I refuse to let this thread die out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This may be one idea, how about we use twitter a lot more effectively? I could post things about funkypool, its not going to take up a lot of time etc.

I used to play this game when i was at school, almost 10 years ago, me and all my friends used to play together and was a good laugh. Now when I play, it seems like most people are resetting their scores every few days to maximise ranking, which is a little side note of annoyance, maybe restricting the amount of times you can reset?

Anyways, back to the twitter thing, does fpool have its own twitter account? If so let me know what it is, and I'll do some shout outs, I have 6k followers, not a huge amount, but even if 1% are interested, that 60...

Someone let me know, and I'll be happy to do any stuff on twitter, I'm always on there anyways, so it would be no trouble.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:03 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
https://twitter.com/funkypool is the official twitter account as far as I can tell. I'll drop Nick a message and see what we can do about the twitter account and see if we can get it revamped.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:09 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I could do the revamping, I have a few twitter accounts anyways. 1 more to manage won't be too hard!

Anyways, I'll give it a shout out now and see if anyone pops along!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just done a shout out, and its already gained 10 followers has the twitter account
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:39 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just done a shout out, and its already gained 10 followers has the twitter account

It gained one. It already had 10 followers. That one follower seems to be you as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's gotta be tweeting itself to gain followers, I could just set my own funkypool twitter, tweeting things about funkypool etc.

Would probably be easier..
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:52 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've got access to the twitter account and can now tweet from it. Also the facebook page too. I will now be posting updates at least daily with as much information as I can find.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:55 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
https://www.facebook.com/funkypool
https://twitter.com/funkypool

Like the facebook page and follow the twitter one to keep updated!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
good, as long the social media is being updated regularly then people have more of a chance of knowing about whats going on with fpool.

if you ever want any help, dont hesitate to ask.
poolbiird
poolbiird
22:01 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe if people connected their Facebook and Funkypool accounts and then clicked the "Post to your Facebook wall" link when you get an event or atleast an event your proud of..... this could catch peoples eye a lot? It's what its there for but do people actually do it? I know I don't! Just an idea which could work.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:16 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe if people connected their Facebook and Funkypool accounts and then clicked the "Post to your Facebook wall" link when you get an event or atleast an event your proud of..... this could catch peoples eye a lot? It's what its there for but do people actually do it? I know I don't! Just an idea which could work.

I don't as i know most of my friends don't/won't play this but ive got a lot of friends who play this as well (mich, im_bad, em etc).

I would only do it if i got a maximum on snooker or i made a second fb account exclusive to only funky members otherwise they could do a 'you know who' and ask why i haven't got a job etc.
poolbiird
poolbiird
03:22 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I don't as i know most of my friends don't/won't play this but ive got a lot of friends who play this as well (mich, im_bad, em etc).

I would only do it if i got a maximum on snooker or i made a second fb account exclusive to only funky members otherwise they could do a 'you know who' and ask why i haven't got a job etc.

That would defeat the object of posting it as only already Funky members would see the link lol

I meant posting it to your main Facebook hoping friends would see it and maybe give it a shot.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:24 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
exactly

i could do but i doubt they would join if im honest
poolbiird
poolbiird
03:32 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
exactly

i could do but i doubt they would join if im honest

You never know! I'm guessing you've got a few hundred friends on your Facebook, if one joined then its one extra member
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:35 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah loads from FS and FP, maybe 50 there at least and others are family (at one point, me, dad, bro, sis, mum, nan and aunty had an account but only me is into funky now). Dad/Bro are more into Xbox.

Rest of friends are School and College Friends
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:40 Thu 4 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Speaking of my brother his account on Snooker would have been deleted in a week (13 months inactivity) so i quickly signed into it in case he signs in at some point

Edited at 00:43 Thu 04/07/13 (BST)
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get more people!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.