FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14041
horse10000
horse10000
20:46 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you want to have frames count why not go the full distance and remove bonus points. Make it 2 points for the clan who wins the fixture and then use the frame count to split teams that are tied on points. It does away with the bonus that some don't like and it allows frames to be used as a divider for level teams, as some love the number of frames they win, An unbeaten team can never not win the league regardless as if they won every game 61-59, they win the league. It also give clans the chance to rotate more if they choose as the most important thing is getting to 61 points and not winning by as many racks as possible.

Bump as all the arguments regarding the requirement for bonus points can be removed by applying a normal team event scoring system. It also means an unbeaten team will always win the league regardless of individual match scores.

That would remove frame count completely, unless there's a tie. It would comparitively be nothing but bonus points, wouldn't be recognizable as the FCL anymore.

Not sure what you mean as with the format i posted there would be no bonus points at all. Clans would win points for winning there match against another clan. Frames would be counted when teams tie. So uprising and pros both win 7 games and lose 1. They would both have 14 points. You would then use frames to decide the winner. So if pros win 600 frames and Uprising 580, pros would be the winners thus you are getting frame count to separate level teams. Or you could just have a winner takes all play off. Or you could just take the results in the games between the 2 teams involved to separate them as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:49 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
All these ideas are great etc, but i do not see how hard it can be to scrap the bonus points altogether, instead of making all these other ways to integrate frame score, why not just have the frame score the entirety of the game.

It really seems like everyone is set on making this harder than it should be...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:51 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course it proves a point. If you have either won all your individual matches, or more importantly and more relevantly in a team competition, all your team games then any result (played or default) elsewhere has no impact on you at all. If the default score contributes to the team win in that fixture then so be it. It is not unduly affecting any other team because every other team still has the opportunity to beat the team that might have won from that particular default.

Even if you don't win all your team games then the default does not affect you as you had the chance to win all of your team games which would render whatever happens elsewhere academic. And yes that is completely different to playing an opponent and achieving a fine 8-7 win and someone else playing the same opponent where it goes to default and ends up 15-0 (in extreme) or even 10-0. Every game, played or unplayed, individual or team, should have the same overall impact. A 10-0 or 15-0 default does not have the same impact if the equivalent played par score is 8-7 whereas a 2-0 if you can only win a game 2-0 does.

Edited at 19:02 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:53 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
All these ideas are great etc, but i do not see how hard it can be to scrap the bonus points altogether, instead of making all these other ways to integrate frame score, why not just have the frame score the entirety of the game.

As Keith says, if you want a fair team competition without bonus points, then you switch to his scoring system.

If you want a fairish (ie slightly less fair team competition compared to Keith's scoring system) then you keep it as it is.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:01 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

As Keith says, if you want a fair team competition without bonus points, then you switch to his scoring system.

If you want a fairish (ie slightly less fair team competition compared to Keith's scoring system) then you keep it as it is.

No, that is really not the fairest way at all, because if you still win 51% of your frames per fixture, you win the title.

Yet another team could win all fixtures 65% bar one, to the team who wins all them 51%, and they lose the title...

e.g 960 frames;
51% = 490 frames won over the course of the season

other team in my eg, wins 605 frames over the course of the season, yet loses the title

And that's supposed to be fair??

Edited at 19:05 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:06 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course it is in so many ways. You are only seeing it from that one point which is completely outweighed by every other point.

The point of any game/sport is to defeat your opponent. For example why would you get a greater reward for beating one opponent easily and losing to two others than by beating all three opponents? If you enter a tournament you dont get rewarded for a narrow loss - you just lose. Why are we even considering rewarding an overall failure?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:24 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Because it makes every single frame count, unlike in keiths post.

Clearly it seems like just me & Been are the ones who see it from this side of the fence.

We are not rewarding someone for failing, over the course of the season, the team with the highest average win, will win the title.

So technically, you could say your way rewards failure?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course not. You could win every single fixture clan v clan and win every individual match in the game 8-7 and lose the title as one team scored more frames in their other wins. So effectively your team doesn't lose a single match in a single fixture and you don't win the title. How on any level is that fair?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:49 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

So technically, you could say your way rewards failure?

No. The aim of any game is to beat what is in front of you. Not beat one thats in front of you by lots and lose to others that are in front of you. A win is a win. Why does it matter how many you win by unless you're trying to split level teams/players?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
All I am saying is that the best team will gather the most points over the course of the season.

The season is x frames long, surely closest to x is the best team.
erigert
erigert
21:57 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why after every season do we get the same posts asking for the same thing from the same people?

I think the league we have at the moment is in the best format in my view. Theres no point in changing the format when its very good the way it is.

On the other hand, can we implement a penalty in points for a clan who makes a specific number of defaults during the season? That for me would be a good thing, and will also make certain captains not play for defaults.

Edited at 20:08 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:59 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, the best team will beat more of its opponents - be it individuals or teams - over the course of a season.

That is exactly the same as in any given day or tournament on here where its the results of matches that matter over and above the actual scores in those matches in determining tournament or day medal wins..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:15 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course not. You could win every single fixture clan v clan and win every individual match in the game 8-7 and lose the title as one team scored more frames in their other wins. So effectively your team doesn't lose a single match in a single fixture and you don't win the title. How on any level is that fair?

Because the team that won the MOST frames overall, wins the title.

The opposition is everyone else, so if you win more frames overall than the opposition, then you should win the title.

How is fair that the team who doesn't win the most frames, can lose the title?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
See my post above for the answer!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:31 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So the premier league in England should be won by the team that scores most goals?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:33 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
But the FCL isn't supposed to be like a tournament.

It doesn't really matter what anyone says, as it will fall on deaf ears, like every season for the past 2 seasons when I have brought it up, and for the past god knows how many seasons Been has brought it up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:34 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So the premier league in England should be won by the team that scores most goals?

The prem is more of an FBL style system anyways, but it wouldn't harm to try.

And if I am correct, it usually is won by the team that scores the most goals...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:35 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now you know how we feel when you bring it up then!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:37 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
But shouldn't they have a separate trophy and a seperate open top parade for the rare occasions one team does score more goals and loses the league?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:37 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

And if I am correct, it usually is won by the team that scores the most goals...

Far from it. I think one Division 1 season Man City were relegated despite scoring the most league goals that whole season!!
Pages: 14041
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.