FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13839
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:36 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Fixture Set 6

The end is nigh!! Division 1 and Division 2 titles still up for grabs.

Team lists are required for the following games by Sunday Midday (UK) at latest please.

FCL 1

The Professionals v Uprising
Uprising v Black Scorpions
The Professionals v Unbeatables
Unbeatables v Black Scorpions

FCL 2

Baize Burners v Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack v Pocket Dynamos
Pocket Dynamos v Baize Burners
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:55 Mon 6 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL 23 - Final Fixture Set 6

Please see here for the released games...

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/fcl-fixture-set-6.html

Deadline for these games is Midnight UK Sunday 19th October

Please note that it is up to each team to check the eligibility of their opponents out for themselves as the result of any played game will stand.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:02 Tue 21 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL Season 23

Winners The Professionals
Runners Up Uprising

Division 2 Winners Pocket Dynamos

FCL Golden Cue

Winner turtle1560
Runner Up pirate_steve

Division 2 Winner onevisit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:32 Tue 21 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
My Predictions lol: From months back!

FCL

WINNER- Pros
Runner up- Uprising

Super league -
Winner - Pros
Runner up- UB's

FBL
Winner- Uprising
Runner up - Pros

Top Fcl player- turtle1560
Top SL player- miss_harriet
Top Fbl player- r1p0m4n_v2

Well Done Pros and turtle1560
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Tue 21 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

FCL

WINNER- Pros
Runner up- Uprising

Super league -
Winner - Pros
Runner up- UB's

FBL
Winner- Uprising
Runner up - Pros

well you spelled his name wrong. You wrote it as davubaumers.
ang3l
ang3l
13:14 Tue 21 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL Season 23

Winners The Professionals
Runners Up Uprising

Division 2 Winners Pocket Dynamos

FCL Golden Cue

Winner turtle1560
Runner Up pirate_steve

Division 2 Winner onevisit

Well done all ..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Tue 21 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

FCL

WINNER- Pros
Runner up- Uprising

Super league -
Winner - Pros
Runner up- UB's

FBL
Winner- Uprising
Runner up - Pros

well you spelled his name wrong. You wrote it as davubaumers.

There's two prediction threads

Edited at 11:13 Tue 21/10/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If a clan enter the league with no intention of helping fixtures be completed or making defaults less likely should they be entitled to enter the league in the first place. In my eyes absolutely not
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:51 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If a clan enter the league with no intention of helping fixtures be completed or making defaults less likely should they be entitled to enter the league in the first place. In my eyes absolutely not

Exactly glad you see that point, obviously don't understand the term 'contingency plans'. I'll simplify it for you, other ideas or actions to be taken. Obviously can't cater for all eventualities but the main premise will be to only sign players with proven reliability and quality.

So whereas I see your concern and lame reason for posting we are not neglegent nor oblivious to the usual suspects.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Exactly glad you see that point, obviously don't understand the term 'contingency plans'. I'll simplify it for you, other ideas or actions to be taken. Obviously can't cater for all eventualities but the main premise will be to only sign players with proven reliability and quality.

So whereas I see your concern and lame reason for posting we are not neglegent nor oblivious to the usual suspects.
your ideas folded your clan...just saying.
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:02 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had an idea,
It's about the old 'frame count' vs 'team match count' thing. I realize the last 2 seasons we'd have had the same winner using either method anyway, and most seasons that will be the case, but:
On the rare occasion that the 2 methods would have rewarded 2 different teams, have a 2nd trophy (call it Frame Count Shield, Golden Boot, whatever) for the team that won the most frames.
I think this way, those of us that prefer frame count won't feel so hard done by, the team we deem the best will at least get some recognition, even if they don't win the main title.
The Super league's League Leader's Shield inspired this. One league, multiple awards for different accomplishments, good idea

Chris has already said in message he's happy to do it (the info is already there, no extra work needed), wanted me to propose it to everyone though, make sure there isn't people against it for some unforeseen reason.

Again, the one with bonus points included would remain the 'main title', the award for frame count would be of less significance, like the League Leader's Shield in SL.
faust
faust
21:25 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had an idea,
It's about the old 'frame count' vs 'team match count' thing. I realize the last 2 seasons we'd have had the same winner using either method anyway, and most seasons that will be the case, but:
On the rare occasion that the 2 methods would have rewarded 2 different teams, have a 2nd trophy (call it Frame Count Shield, Golden Boot, whatever) for the team that won the most frames.
I think this way, those of us that prefer frame count won't feel so hard done by, the team we deem the best will at least get some recognition, even if they don't win the main title.
The Super league's League Leader's Shield inspired this. One league, multiple awards for different accomplishments, good idea

Chris has already said in message he's happy to do it (the info is already there, no extra work needed), wanted me to propose it to everyone though, make sure there isn't people against it for some unforeseen reason.

Again, the one with bonus points included would remain the 'main title', the award for frame count would be of less significance, like the League Leader's Shield in SL.

Sounds good to me!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had an idea,

Sounds good to me!!!

Complicated to me!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
As you said either way it works out the same so it's entirely unnecessary. The team that wins the league gets two titles for one set of fixtures and basically the same achievement. I never liked frame count as an option to win the league. It's like goal difference deciding a title in football, it should only be used if the the other optoon produces no clear winner.

Everyone is in agreement FCL is the best league yet people insist on tampering with it. If it's not broke don't fix it and the FCL is most definitely not broke.
beenjammin
beenjammin
22:37 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most seasons it works out the same anyway, but there are bound to be seasons when it don't (season before last, we were only 2 frames away from it having happened).

I disagree with the goal difference comparison, that would be like giving points for each ball potted in a game of 8ball.
I understand though, that you don't like the frame counting thing. That's fine, and great for you btw, you have what you want in the main title. Which would be the only title most seasons. I'm only suggesting we have a Frame Count Shield on the rare occasion it brings a different winner.
Some of us like and prefer frame count, why can't our preference get a little recognition? Doesn't hurt you and your preference one bit.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:44 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So chris creates a new title just appease you for wanting frame count when FCl has worked perfect for long enough now and doesnt need fixed? He is currently in discussions about making changes to the two other leagues, why not make suggestions about implementing it with any changed rather than making a whole new title for a league that's worked perfectly fine in awarding the correct team for long enough. I would also disagree with frame count on they two leagues as well but with changes being listened to surely would make sense to change them if any at all.
horse10000
horse10000
23:03 Tue 18 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you want to have frames count why not go the full distance and remove bonus points. Make it 2 points for the clan who wins the fixture and then use the frame count to split teams that are tied on points. It does away with the bonus that some don't like and it allows frames to be used as a divider for level teams, as some love the number of frames they win, An unbeaten team can never not win the league regardless as if they won every game 61-59, they win the league. It also give clans the chance to rotate more if they choose as the most important thing is getting to 61 points and not winning by as many racks as possible.
fatmikee
fatmikee
00:20 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse1000If you want to have frames count why not go the full distance and remove bonus points. Make it 2 points for the clan who wins the fixture and then use the frame count to split teams that are tied on points. It does away with the bonus that some don't like and it allows frames to be used as a divider for level teams, as some love the number of frames they win, An unbeaten team can never not win the league regardless as if they won every game 61-59, they win the league. It also give clans the chance to rotate more if they choose as the most important thing is getting to 61 points and not winning by as many racks as possible.
Agreed as i said before (kiss) keep it simple stupid
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:21 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So chris creates a new title just appease you for wanting frame count when FCl has worked perfect for long enough now and doesnt need fixed? He is currently in discussions about making changes to the two other leagues, why not make suggestions about implementing it with any changed rather than making a whole new title for a league that's worked perfectly fine in awarding the correct team for long enough. I would also disagree with frame count on they two leagues as well but with changes being listened to surely would make sense to change them if any at all.

It's not just for me, it's for everyone who prefers frame count to team match count. Not talking about changing FCL, it would just be adding a trophy (a lesser one, mind you) on the rare occasion (the seasons where frame count would've chosen a different winner than the current scoring system). You ask why FCL?, because it's the only league that already has the info (without event bonuses added in) right there on the overall table anyway.

So, FCL is already the way you like it, yes? The main title, and how its earned, won't change.
If you don't like frame count, then I don't expect you to have any interest in who won the most frames, but you're against this 2nd lesser trophy?, I don't see why this even concerns you, something that doesn't even affect you? Why?

Edited at 01:52 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:23 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you want to have frames count why not go the full distance and remove bonus points. Make it 2 points for the clan who wins the fixture and then use the frame count to split teams that are tied on points. It does away with the bonus that some don't like and it allows frames to be used as a divider for level teams, as some love the number of frames they win, An unbeaten team can never not win the league regardless as if they won every game 61-59, they win the league. It also give clans the chance to rotate more if they choose as the most important thing is getting to 61 points and not winning by as many racks as possible.

Think about what you're saying! Doing that would make frames count even less than they do now!
Besides I'm not suggesting a change to anything that's already in place, just adding another trophy (a lesser one)on the rare occasion (the seasons where frame count would've chosen a different winner than the current scoring system), again, like the League Leader's Shield, haven't seen anyone have a problem with that!

Edited at 23:26 Tue 18/11/14 (GMT)
Pages: 13839
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.