FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
14:19 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
After second or third works.

It was put in as people wanted it, i also did it after the third set as then it was right down the middle. Im just wondering now though will it fit in with the FBL one, as that would be hectic for clans with different deadlines on the transfer window. If it doesn't fit in then i think the two leagues need to actually talk to each other and understand each other, works both ways especially with something that can be easily handled.
erigert
erigert
14:20 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
oh my bad, dont know why but i saw there were only 4 fixtures but seeing there are 5 fixtures i think it is ok the way it is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with Chris, i don't see the point of having one, if you start a season then you finish that season with that team. Complete waste of time in my opinion, hardly anyone ever moves or wants to move, season just started pretty much, so why any need for a week break? I'm not saying this happens but some players could i suppose pre-arrange to switch teams from the beginning of the season as the fixtures/schedule is easy to see.

Maybe could eliminate this by making players restricted from playing against the same team twice call it Team Tied or League Tied?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:05 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I don't agree with a transfer window - but it has been put in where (I think from memory) it was inserted last season.

I can see pros and cons for it being both earlier and later.

Ideally it would be at the half way stage, but that's difficult with 5 Fixture Sets.

If there are convincing arguments for it being earlier rather than later I will discuss with mattywellie and pirate_steve.
Doesn't really matter whether it's after 2 or 3 fixtures.

The idea of the transfer window is that players who get screwed over by their captains (used to happen more frequently than now) had the option of leaving at one point, rather than having to sit on the bench an entire season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:30 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Play each other twice, making the season longer. If you make it three points for the win and a team beats every other team twice then how can they not deserve the league. There is surely no argument against the outcome of the winner then?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:31 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The idea of the transfer window is that players who get screwed over by their captains (used to happen more frequently than now) had the option of leaving at one point, rather than having to sit on the bench an entire season.

Yes or you could just do away with that transfer window restriction and say that players can move at any time during the season - but can play for no more than two clans in a season.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:32 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Make the season longer, with one division and roughly 10 - 11 teams the season is long and just right. You double that and your talking about a season lasting around 6 - 7 months. Thats nearly two seasons a year, not taking breaks into account between seasons. That is far to long.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:33 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yes or you could just do away with that transfer window restriction and say that players can move at any time during the season - but can play for no more than two clans in a season.

With a few people having multiple accounts which are passed the age restriction it would make that rule far more easier to bend than the current one and the transfer window.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:57 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

It was like this once I think. But then we had the issue that suddenly 3 or 4 players left a clan at once, causing it to fold. This way, players can only transfer to another clan at one specific point in the season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
With a few people having multiple accounts which are passed the age restriction it would make that rule far more easier to bend than the current one and the transfer window.

You have to trust in other ways to deal with any such problems. If they can't be dealt with then that has to just be accepted and we move on.

Either way, that doesn't make a difference to whether you have a transfer window restriction or a number of transfers restriction.

Number of transfers restriction however allows people who find themselves stranded in the wrong clan to move immediately rather than sit out and wait, and also spreads the load potentially across the season rather than condensing it into a very short period where weaker clans may struggle to find replacements.

Clans are just as likely to fold from losing players during a transfer window as they are by losing them during the season.

I don't believe in Transfer Windows in football either and the fact that it is something that is not applied across the board at all levels is because it is something that people have seen is not suitable for everybody at all levels. And on here all clans do not run at the same levels. I do believe in Transfer Deadlines though - but that's a different matter - and one that exists anyway with a Transfer Window system in place.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:14 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
In a very short season such as the current one (only 5 sets!), the transfer window is less useful. I have found that a short mid-season break is quite nice in seasons that have about 8 fixture sets.

We also don't want a top player suddenly transferring to the rival clan and then deciding the league just before the last set. That's not possible with a transfer window. You've prevented that in the Super League with a transfer deadline, but that doesn't exist in the FCL. I think here the window is the simplest solution to all the problems.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:09 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Season 21

Fixture Set 1 released and games can be found here...

http://thefcl.weebly.com/released-fixtures.html

Deadline is Midnight (UK) on 20th October 2013
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:36 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Why would you want to take out the transfer window? All the FCL runners are doing is making it extremely confusing for clan members. Me and Jay worked hard to get a balance and try match the same rules as much as possible and you have undone all the hard work we put in.

The schedules were worked together for easy understanding.
Transfer window at the same time so was easier to record who went and who joined a clan.

Currently we have a lot of players split between clans and I am slightly irritated that the FCL has continued to go ahead with things when from the start I thought we had agreed to work with each other.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:39 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It hasn't been taken out - it is in the same place it was last season.
beenjammin
beenjammin
00:31 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome - Cheers.

Just had a quick look and it looks like reducing the bonus points from 20 too 10 is largely in favour.

I'l speak to Matty & Chris and we will also see if anyone has any issues.

I think it's about 50/50:
decide it with frames or decide it with team fixtures
bonuses of 10 or 20 (along with the frames) are both compromises of the 2 opinions,
I just think 20 is a little (maybe more than a little) in their favor.

So what's the decision?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For now the bonus points are going to be kept at 20.

It seems like a 50/50 split and internally we would rather it be kept at 20 too.

Although it can be looked at properly for the next season if needed.
franer_
franer_
03:41 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL games have been released..i know some have issues over points bonuses etc..

best let it ly now as nout can be done till next season..not the runners fault nor ours.,,move forth and continue..enjoy the season have your say afterwards.

Thanks

Head runner Franer
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Can we have the 1 month rule reintroduced, otherwise captains are going to have players deactivate and waste their time over AND over again. I've had 2 deactivate in one morning, 1 were under 1 month, never again.

Thanks.

Edited at 12:54 Tue 08/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We introduced the rule to give captains & clans more flexibility and an account age over 31 days isn't a concrete determination of a players reliability.

With all due respect, that sounds more like an error in your judgement.

However, if things like this happen consistently we will review the rule, but it is too early to tell whether this has been a positive or negative change.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:02 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We introduced the rule to give captains & clans more flexibility and an account age over 31 days isn't a concrete determination of a players reliability.

With all due respect, that sounds more like an error in your judgement.

However, if things like this happen consistently we will review the rule, but it is too early to tell whether this has been a positive or negative change.

I appreciate it can be seen as a misjudgement but when players are far and few between and those about either only want to associate themselves with the old sides or none at all, we are due to make trial and error judgements. I just feel a player with an account with the longevity of 1 month not only shows they are more dedicated to clans but more importantly the site itself. When players can deactivate, create new ones when they deem fit then that will only continue to cause unrest for Captains and their teams.

In a way makes it come across as acceptable to lose 15-0, deactivate return to the same team under a new alias and act like that scores irrelevant.
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.