FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:55 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
My fault - I did say no changes as we didn't want to sacrifice the integrity of the league by implementing a whole new system.

But if there are changes that the vast majority want then we will try and look at them by Sunday.

Do you have a link at all to the previous discussion?

We will see the opinion is over the next day or so regarding a switch to 10 points for a win.
beenjammin
beenjammin
19:24 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
not sure how to make a link, but it takes off around page 90 of the previous discussion thread. a little earlier, but I think that's quoted.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome - Cheers.

Just had a quick look and it looks like reducing the bonus points from 20 too 10 is largely in favour.

I'l speak to Matty & Chris and we will also see if anyone has any issues.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:35 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Season 21

As far as I can see, we are still missing the registered clan lists for The Unbeatables and the Fighting Eagles.

Also require team lists for Fixture Set 1 from...

The Unbeatables
Fighting Eagles
Snooker Squad
Pocket Dynamos
The Professionals
Top Guns

Please can you send these when you get a chance - still looking to release the first games tomorrow.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:38 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Season 21

As far as I can see, we are still missing the registered clan lists for The Unbeatables and the Fighting Eagles.

Also require team lists for Fixture Set 1 from...

The Unbeatables
Fighting Eagles
Snooker Squad
Pocket Dynamos
The Professionals
Top Guns

Please can you send these when you get a chance - still looking to release the first games tomorrow.

Thanks

Fighting Eagles list is on team changes mate, maybe they were confused where to post it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:39 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes - thanks just seen it.
horse10000
horse10000
13:46 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome - Cheers.

Just had a quick look and it looks like reducing the bonus points from 20 too 10 is largely in favour.

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18838/fcl-league-discussion-thread-3/94#1582902

It is 20 points for a reason as if it was reduced to 10 it is more than likely that one team will lose a fixture and still win the league as opposed to a team who has won all their fixtures who then still doesn't win the league. Even last season with 20 points for the win it was possible that UT could have beat professionals by 1 point and professionals could still have won the league by racking up big wins in other games. It is a lot less likely with 20 points for the win but if it is reduced to 10 it will make it far easier to happen and we will be back to a team winning all their games and not winning the league.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:54 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, these arguments have been discussed at length and I don't think the runners will find a vote or something similar very useful. The previous runner was in favor of the 20 point bonus.
Similarly, the current runners have to decide how they want their league to work. No use trying to look for consensus on that particular issue.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Scrap bonus points completely, a team should win the League 1: if unbeaten, 2. If 2 teams unbeaten then decided by the difference: Frames Won vs Frames Lost. That makes Every frame played throughout the season as important as each other. Maybe like football introduce a consistent/fair play bonus at the end the current season but its only applicable to the following season?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:03 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly so the 3 for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss sets up that exact scenario. As seb said there can be no compromise between peoppe as I for one won't budge on the team result being more important than the total of a group of individuals. If a team wins all their ganes they win the league as in pretty much EVERY SPORT that ever exsisted.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:15 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
But what do you class as a game. A team could lose 7 games in a fixture, but win 1 massively and take the overall win, therefore a team could win an eighth of their games and be considered "unbeaten"

Some team sports with a similar set up to this do wins in a fixture instead of points. So in FCL terms, a race to 8 points. Whoever wins takes a point for their team, 8 games means 8 points.
horse10000
horse10000
14:17 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
But what do you class as a game. A team could lose 7 games in a fixture, but win 1 massively and take the overall win, therefore a team could win an eighth of their games and be considered "unbeaten"

Some team sports with a similar set up to this do wins in a fixture instead of points. So in FCL terms, a race to 8 points. Whoever wins takes a point for their team, 8 games means 8 points.

If clans are an individual event that would be correct but it is a team event so it is how the 8 players play collectively that counts.
horse10000
horse10000
14:21 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly so the 3 for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss sets up that exact scenario. As seb said there can be no compromise between peoppe as I for one won't budge on the team result being more important than the total of a group of individuals. If a team wins all their ganes they win the league as in pretty much EVERY SPORT that ever exsisted.

I have said go for the 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw for ages but it always falls on deaf ears. It then encourages teams to get 61 points and it makes no difference if they get to 91 points, they get the same 3 points for a win. It would also help when it comes to defaults as if a team had 61 points with one game still to go, their is no need for a default on the last game. If two teams end up tied on the same points at the end of the season, let them play off in a one off match to decide the league which would be a huge game and a true champion would be found.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I have said go for the 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw for ages but it always falls on deaf ears. It then encourages teams to get 61 points and it makes no difference if they get to 91 points, they get the same 3 points for a win. It would also help when it comes to defaults as if a team had 61 points with one game still to go, their is no need for a default on the last game. If two teams end up tied on the same points at the end of the season, let them play off in a one off match to decide the league which would be a huge game and a true champion would be found.

i like this like most sports and makes it more fun and a chance for the small clans.

and in event of draw instead of goal dif it be frame differance.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:42 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly the reason I'm against bonus points ( I'd prefer counting frames alone).
I'm for an accurate outcome, not raising the luck factor.
Said it before, the more numbers you count (have to work with), the more accurate the outcome. Like a race to 2 vs a race to 10.
If all you consider is team fixtures you have far less accuracy than considering frames.

Everyone on the opposing opinion talks about winning all games. It goes to what zantet just said, what do you consider games?
In reality, noone on funkypool wins all their games, counting frames reflects that. Bonus points and counting team fixtures doesn't.

Edited at 18:52 Sat 05/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:18 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Season 21

Now just requiring team lists for Fixture Set 1 from...

The Unbeatables
Pocket Dynamos

Thanks
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:54 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome - Cheers.

I think it's about 50/50:
decide it with frames or decide it with team fixtures
10 or 20 are both compromises of the 2 opinions,
I just think 20 is a little (maybe more than a little) in their favor.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
20 is too much, to beat a team 61-59 and then get a third of your total points scored as a bonus is crazy.
If you win all your games by a small margin and somebody else thumps all the other teams and loses 1 to you by such a scoreline then they're still the best team over the season.
10 points is fair, it rewards the victory in a close game but no so much as to totally put someone out of the running in a league title battle.
beenjammin
beenjammin
00:03 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well said, but in their defence (as keith pointed out), I'd put an almost before that "totally"
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.