FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
00:03 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
id say 10 points is better, as to keep losing by small margins, gives other teams further leads on, with the bonus of 20 points..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:15 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I wouldn't give any, you get what you earn as a team, it will give a more true reflection in to the actual strength of the TEAM. Would bring the importance of having a strong Captain and structure too, by making subs to obtain as many points as possible. Some call it tactical but it's actually more strategical, you want the best for your team then you do what you can to be as good as possible.
the__priest
the__priest
01:11 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
as co captain of eagles 10 points is more than enough
cke1982
cke1982
01:12 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
if a top team destroys a bottom 2 team why should they get a bonus to widen the score even more
horse10000
horse10000
01:37 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
20 is too much, to beat a team 61-59 and then get a third of your total points scored as a bonus is crazy.
If you win all your games by a small margin and somebody else thumps all the other teams and loses 1 to you by such a scoreline then they're still the best team over the season.
10 points is fair, it rewards the victory in a close game but no so much as to totally put someone out of the running in a league title battle.

Sorry but if one clan wins all games by one point they are deserved champions, the amount you beat a team should have no input on the overall winner. In any league a team that wins all their games end up the winners if another team is capable of beating everyone else by huge margins but cannot beat another team who win by small margins they should never be champions as they have lost and been beating by a team who has managed to beat everyone else.
Why not get rid of bonus points altogether and award 3 points for the win a point for a draw. This means that a team that wins all games will always win the league. If it ends up tied if both teams lost a game for example, let the two teams that are tied play off for the league. Why should the ability to whoop clans mean you win the league.

MVP in FCL and Snooker Squad in FBL have went entire seasons unbeaten yet not won the league which is a complete joke as in both cases they were the true champions yet the formats of the leagues prevented it from happening. By changing it to points for a victory it would stop this ever happening again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:46 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you award 3 points for a win whats the point in people playing once a team get past 60?
People keep comparing this to other games when it is incomparable, no other games have 8 people playing seperate games for a team result.
Don't agree with anything you said there horse so what if 1 frame goes your way instead of your opponents, a season proves the better team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that with Super League decided by matches won the FCL should be decided by total frames won to facilitate the different people's opinions
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:51 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Want to make sure this is considered, for the people who think team fixtures alone should decide it,
you already have the cup your way, without any compromise for the people who think frames should decide.
Currently nothing but fbl's individuals are decided by frames alone.
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:58 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
"MVP in FCL and Snooker Squad in FBL have went entire seasons unbeaten"

Only in team fixtures, they failed to win the most frames(which is what I believe to be games) throughout the whole season.

Edited at 23:06 Sat 05/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
People keep comparing this to other games when it is incomparable, no other games have 8 people playing seperate games for a team result.

Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, Mosconi Cup, Davis Cup, World Cup table tennis, most real life amateur Pool/Snooker Leagues? In fact pretty much every sport or game in which a team competition is made out of what is, essentially, an individual sport/game.

Thanks to all clans in submitting their line-ups and registered lists.
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:08 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
"Why not get rid of bonus points altogether and award 3 points for the win a point for a draw"

That's no compromise at all, a bonus of 10 or even 20 (while counting frames) at least recognizes both opinions.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:09 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Only in team fixtures, they failed to win the most frames throughout the whole season.

I have to say i always agree with beenjammin on this discussion.

Why shouldn't the clan that racks up the most frame wins be allowed to be the winner. Surely if you win more racks you are the better winner.
the__priest
the__priest
02:34 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
shooters went an entire season never lost or drew a game in FCL beat the winner to and never won the league something wrong there imo
horse10000
horse10000
03:41 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Only in team fixtures, they failed to win the most frames throughout the whole season.

I have to say i always agree with beenjammin on this discussion.

Why shouldn't the clan that racks up the most frame wins be allowed to be the winner. Surely if you win more racks you are the better winner.

Not if you play in a team game, if you win all your games you should win. The individual ability of a player to whoop others should have no effect as it is a team event.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:04 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Somebody getting 6 frames against someone like beenjammin should be recognised with points for the team.
horse10000
horse10000
04:19 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Somebody getting 6 frames against someone like beenjammin should be recognised with points for the team.

It should only mean something if his 7 fellow clan players have scored the other 55 to get them the win as it is a team event. If not it should make no difference if he scored 0 points or 15 points as it is a team game.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
04:50 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As long as the frame points are counted as the main points people will always argue about the bonus points, to be honest I've always felt counting the frames was flawed, as long as the frames count as points I can understand why people say the team with the most frame points should win the league, but then we all have to realise its a team event and maybe the point system does need looked at.
You need to decide if beating opponents and winning as a team or gaining the most frame points over a season, win or lose, should be the main requirement to win the league, to me the answer is simple, like any team event out there, beat the other teams to win the league, but have a points system that allows this to happen fairly without huge bonus points.

Edited at 02:22 Sun 06/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:06 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Think there has only ever been 1 or 2 people complaining about frames being counted over the course of FCL everyone else likes it the way it is, or was before the bonus got changed to 20 points because of the same 1 or 2 people.
erigert
erigert
14:01 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
just seen the website and i wonder why the transfer window is after set 3 and not after set 2. that would make it fair, wouldnt it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I don't agree with a transfer window - but it has been put in where (I think from memory) it was inserted last season.

I can see pros and cons for it being both earlier and later.

Ideally it would be at the half way stage, but that's difficult with 5 Fixture Sets.

If there are convincing arguments for it being earlier rather than later I will discuss with mattywellie and pirate_steve.
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.