FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18687
punkpoet
punkpoet
04:23 Thu 22 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
A suggestion for next season. Can there be bonus points for completing the fixture? I don't think there is but I maybe wrong.
horse10000
horse10000
04:28 Thu 22 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
A suggestion for next season. Can there be bonus points for completing the fixture? I don't think there is but I maybe wrong.

20 win bonus and 10 completion bonus this season
punkpoet
punkpoet
04:29 Thu 22 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  

ahhhhh fair enough :)

edit how much for a draw?

Edited at 01:45 Thu 22/08/13 (BST)
horse10000
horse10000
04:52 Thu 22 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  

10 points each, you share the win bonus for the draw.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:08 Mon 26 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  

10 points each, you share the win bonus for the draw.

Sounds good to me Keith.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:05 Sun 1 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Individual League

Recently i have been thinking of introducing the Individual League back into the FCL. I have not really thought of much about it but i am a little hesitant as in the past people have stopped playing games just because they can't win the type they are in.

There would be a limit in each league of course and activity would be a huge factor in it.

If anyone didnt play game then they would be removed after a certain time and a new player could take their place (although they take on the latest persons score)

If anyone decides to leave the event then that will be noted down and you could be banned from playing in it the next season (if it ran that long)

What do others think?
horse10000
horse10000
20:10 Sun 1 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Individual League

Recently i have been thinking of introducing the Individual League back into the FCL. I have not really thought of much about it but i am a little hesitant as in the past people have stopped playing games just because they can't win the type they are in.

There would be a limit in each league of course and activity would be a huge factor in it.

If anyone didnt play game then they would be removed after a certain time and a new player could take their place (although they take on the latest persons score)

If anyone decides to leave the event then that will be noted down and you could be banned from playing in it the next season (if it ran that long)

What do others think?

Just remove them, no point in replacing them with someone else.

I think you should make it knock out rather than leagues as well, as the leagues never got all games done. At least with knock out you always end up with those who are interested and want to play after the first couple of rounds.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any thoughts on a longer league season? Meaning playing each other twice with 2 divisions or having 1 big league?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:14 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Playing each other 2 times sounds good, maybe the 2nd time the same players cannot face each other, just to spice it up a bit? Also maybe scrapping the mid season window too, hardly anyone moved and when approached all said 'they wanted complete the season with the team they had started'?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:36 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No, don't scrap the transfer window. Otherwise players don't even have the option of transferring, regardless of whether they do or not. Also, a week break in the middle is a good thing and gives time to struggling teams to find more players.

The length of the season is fine! One division is miles better than two divisions. That's 10 fixtures. You can't have double that... the season would be way too long. So you can't play each other twice.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Didnt realise the FCL is one division already thought they were both 2
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:02 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Teams can sign free agents the entire season, so that defuses the 'teams needing to sort their teams out', in a way. I think having a week break is a good idea just the majority of players will remain with their current teams.

One division is much better than 2 I agree, just feel the season is too short, hopefully this will be better this coming season with hopefully more teams entered/competing.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:27 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Transfer window is staying, have no intention of scrapping it.

The league is also going to stay as one division, cutting it to two divisions and having each other play twice makes it to long, cutting that down to playing once would make it shorter. Each season roughly last 2 - 3 months and i think that is long enough to be honest.

Individual Knockout was another idea i had, the deadline to play the rounds would depend on the number of sets in the new season though. I was thinking a round a week but then its more work to do with the league and it would come on the one weekend that i have off so to speak. I will work out what numbers i would need and everything, no harm in trying to trial it in a season.

Edited at 23:00 Sun 01/09/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would Individual be a League or a Knock Out competition?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:27 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
League im guessing but Jay has tried everything but the kitchen sink but not many are interested.

In the League you find out who is the best, whereas in a knockout its about luck of the draw.

Knockouts do generally work better but League is a better indicator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Idea for New Individual Comp

Do it exactly like the world cup...

4 groups of 4 play each other once, the top 2 in each group go through to a knockout comp, the winners of the groups seeded so they play the runners up from other groups.
If we can get 16 for each category then would be really good comp and stable if you get any drop outs.
erigert
erigert
05:02 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Idea for New Individual Comp

Do it exactly like the world cup...

4 groups of 4 play each other once, the top 2 in each group go through to a knockout comp, the winners of the groups seeded so they play the runners up from other groups.
If we can get 16 for each category then would be really good comp and stable if you get any drop outs.

nice idea tappy i really like it , but than we have to make a draw and decide who is going to be in the first pot
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
06:44 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That was an idea i was actually thinking about Lee. You do know that Champions League use the same idea with the winners of group take on runners up of other group(s)

The only thing that is not appealing to me is that is even more work than just a simple knock out or league event. By all means if someone thinks they can commit to doing the event for the FCL and only the event then get in touch with myself and we will see what we can do.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
07:28 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I am thinking more along the lines of a Knock Out which would be similar to the event that angry_bacon runs, which means every round there would be a different frame total. Say round one was First To Three and then later down the line the final was Best Of 19 (Which would be first to 10).

If i did do something like that then i could put the limit on entrants quite high (not super high) so a round could run at the same time as a league fixture and finish at the same time to (as two weeks would be more than enough for a single knock out game to be played)

dgeneratio said:
In the League you find out who is the best, where as in a knockout its about luck of the draw.

I find this statement wrong, in knock out it would almost certainly be the best players progressing through later stages. Granted some semi decent players may get drawn with another semi decent or mediocre player but in the end 95% of the time the best prevail.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:41 Mon 2 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good Jay but I personally feel 3 is a little too low for a first round of a competition, first to 5 yeah, gives some player more time and opportunity to show what they are capable of, some players hit the 'ground running' straight away but others don't.

I think angry_bacons competition works very well so to copy his wouldn't be best, maybe a similar method but with different conditions.

Groups to me seem a little silly as a lesser player who fancies a new challenge might end up with 3 players they expect to lose against and they either don't bother playing their match or lose without trying. I think some seeding's need to be done but also some of the not as good players should be matched up to make it fair for ALL participants?
Pages: 18687
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.