FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13738
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
On the above are you counting bigcjl2 as a player who was going to stay ash? As I have messages that indicate otherwise :)

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19738/fcl-general-discussion/31 (4th post from TOP) - try reading before mouthing off.
punkpoet
punkpoet
17:44 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
On the above are you counting bigcjl2 as a player who was going to stay ash? As I have messages that indicate otherwise :)

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19738/fcl-general-discussion/31 (4th post from TOP) - try reading before mouthing off.

I believe it was a question, not mouthing off.
Also you could of linked it instead of saying 4th from the top ;)
franer_
franer_
17:59 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Todays topic--How to get along with fellow funkyplayers

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:05 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

1. be called mattywellie

2. be called franer_

3. be called faust

4. be called derik_dalton

5. be called onevisit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:07 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

1.be a captain

2.be in the click

3.be quiet

4.deact and change names every couple of days

5.be yourself
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

1.be a captain

2.be in the click

3.be quiet

5.be yourself

i think its clique not that im trying to correct u :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

1.be a captain

2.be in the clique

3.be quiet

5.be yourself

i think its clique not that im trying to correct u :P

i stand corrected
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How about we make this easy for the mods, and bring this thread back to FCL discussion...

So, let's bring it back to changing the scoring system to sack off bonus points :P sorry chris
fatmikee
fatmikee
21:09 Sat 27 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
AGREED
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:43 Sat 27 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There won't be any change to a solely points per frame scoring system as it does not work in producing a legitimate format for so many reasons of which only a couple have been mentioned in the previous pages.

The fact that no one can point to any existing similar format in any competition anywhere else just goes to show that rewarding margins of wins above wins alone is not a proper or logical competition.

And although an element of that does still exist in the current format it is countered sufficiently by the bonus points.

However this being funkypool anyone is free to promote their own competition.
the__priest
the__priest
01:00 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
good shout
Chris
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:38 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
............ just goes to show that rewarding margins of wins above wins alone

^ That's only the case if you're only looking at team match results.
If you're looking at results of frames played, it doesn't apply, to just look at team matches would leave "wins" uncounted.

I know I'm not gonna change your mind, just wanted to point out that that little part wasn't fact, it's just one way of looking at things.

Would you at least consider lowering the bonus points back to 10? If frame count can't have its way in one league, at least give it a fair possibility of deciding the outcome. With 20, there's almost no point in even bothering to record the frames past the end of a team match, you might as well just record the team match wins like SL! I know you actually do record the frames in SL, but they're only there to break ties in bonus points awarded for team matches, correct? You get my point.

Edited at 22:47 Sat 27/09/14 (BST)
franer_
franer_
01:48 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
By just simply awarding 3 points for a win in FCL for the whole fixture,and 1 for a draw the real winners will come out on top..No frame difference if a draw at the seasons end except only for the frames between the two teams who tie at the top of the league.

I don't know im just saying,by scoring more and getting bonuses is dizzy imo.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:51 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It is still a fact that no one can point to a competition, team or singles, where a margin of victory is more important than a victory alone. That is actually what I posted.

I agree Fran - but it is how it has been and it is only the bonus points that make it vaguely viable as a team competition.
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:53 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The FCL has always counted frames. If you're gonna do that (what fran suggests), I suggest changing the name, and give the FCL to someone who will run it as originally intended.
beenjammin
beenjammin
01:58 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It is still a fact that no one can point to a competition, team or singles, where a margin of victory is more important than a victory alone. That is actually what I posted.

Did you totally ignore the first point I made in the post you're responding to?
If you're counting frames, each frame won is a victory (there are no margins of victory, either you won the frame or you didn't), and the team collective of victories are added to the overall table, the team match means nothing (if you're counting frames).

Edited at 23:02 Sat 27/09/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:03 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No - I responded to your post saying that what I said was not a fact. If it is not a fact point to a similar style competition rather than repeating your own opinion.

Sometimes you have to go with a worldwide majority view. The fact that no competition promotes what you promote does tell a story even if you don't want to read the book or see the movie.
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:12 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree Fran - but it is how it has been and it is only the bonus points that make it vaguely viable as a team competition.

That's an opinion, one that I disagree with.
I think its equally a team competition using either scoring method.
One counts team match results (results of a match played by 8 individuals), created collectively as a team.
The other counts frame results, again from 8 individuals, also collectively as a team.
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:29 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The part I quoted, and underlined was the only part I called opinion, and pointed out that it isn't applicable if you're looking at it from my point of view (can I remind you, in order to see my point of view you're gonna have to stop seeing frames as points in one game), therefore your whole statement (including the part that was fact) doesn't prove anything.
I'm not into sports, I find it boring watching people I don't know play games. I would rather be playing a game myself. So I'm not one to ask for comparisons to other competitions, I'm just using logic, here's a fact for you (underlined):
A game (with the obvious exception of straight and killer) played on this site is a frame, a frame is not a point, it is a game. A team match is not a game, it's a collection of games. To count the result of the match leaves games uncounted.

Edited at 00:11 Sun 28/09/14 (BST)
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:45 Sun 28 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Here we are arguing over which method is better again, why'd you have to go there?

It's not gonna change any opinions, and opinions do go both ways, that's evident.
If you won't let us have one of 4 competitions our way, at least give us back a compromise in one? drop it back to 10?
Pages: 13738
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.