FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11314
hahahaha
hahahaha
15:18 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah he still is/was tied to black scorpions but the fact huts refused to release him and wanted to keep him locked up for the season as a punishment for wanting to leave the staff all agreed to allow him to join another clan.

CnG only entered 1 team in the SL so I rejoined uprising to play SL only, apart from my cap not having a problem with it is that not the same kinda thing?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:24 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
No issue with you playing for another side for the SL, there would be if you felt like one fixture I'll play for Uprising then the next CNG because you felt like it lol.

You wanting to play and be utilised more is similar though in a sense and can see the comparison but never have I seen you post your grievances against your Captain whom you play for in the 2 other leagues.

You have a good understanding with jimmy that is what mirrr and huts obviously lacked.
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:47 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Having been away for three seasons:
This grand slam cup thing looks excellent, although it's a very big format, which probably makes it almost impossible for the weaker clans to cause upsets.
How has the killer cup worked out so far? Sounds really complicated with the organisation.
Are you still doing Super League Playoffs?
Whos running things?

This grand slam cup thing looks excellent, although it's a very big format, which probably makes it almost impossible for the weaker clans to cause upsets. - Yes, every single season so far the best team in the competition at the time has won the GSC.

How has the killer cup worked out so far? Sounds really complicated with the organisation - Usually starts about 30 mins later than arranged, but has been hugely successful considering how hard it could be.

Very late on this reply but excuse me?
I ran all killers last season and the majority were on time.
i usually give an extra 10 minutes if needed.
none started 30 minutes late lol
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:57 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
This is just the reason why I approved a move, other people may have had other reasons:

"Zante said it's clear from his posts he wasn't happy, he looked perfectly happy to me prior to playing the captain of the clan he is now playing for."

He had made 4 posts on the BS thread beforehand, and only got replies to 2 of them which were saying well done on the result. Compare that to the posts he made on XVth Man's thread before and C&G's after and it is clear to see that he was happy at 2 clans and not connecting at another. He wasn't happy before he wanted to join C&G, he just became unhappy when the move was blocked.

It was obvious that he didn't want to be there, but BS still blocked the move only to stop him joining a rival (though no reason was given at first). While this is a perfectly valid reason under the rules, in practicality it means mirrr has to continue to play for a clan he doesn't want to or be forced to not play in clans for a good 2 months or so. The chances are that he would start throwing games, not playing games, not be put in games or deactivate and create a new account to play on.

To flip it, what damage would it have done to BS? true, they would lose a good player but it seems that would've happened had this not been allowed anyway. Yet it is more important that their rivals don't have a good player than someone in clans be comfortable and happy. They are not in any danger of folding, or having a mass exodus. Other than to uphold a rule there isn't really a reason for him to be forced to stay. If this was a proper league with contracts it would be a different story, but it's meant to be a friendly way to spend some free time and have a laugh.

Alternatively, what would other captains do? I think most would wish the player all the best in the new clan and be sorry that things didn't work out. It does happen, so there doesn't have to be spite because a player no longer wishes to play in your clan. The clause was put in so that players weren't trapped while clans were still protected which is to be decided case by case, which isn't anything particularly new from the last few seasons.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:57 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
"Failing that then a new account could/should have been set up and correct procedures and protocols adhered too (31 days account existence) to combat anyone who COULD be seen as 'manipulating the system'."

This would have broken either site rules or league rules depending when the account was set up

"New Account, Same Player - would there still be all this fuss???? NOPE!"

No there wouldn't, it would be a simple case of banning him for a season for breaking league rules.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:29 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How would it be breaking site rules? Only one account active at any given time.

Also if a new account is set up then who cares about the real identity of the player just they have to wait till eligible to play. (New Account Procedure).
_huts24_
_huts24_
21:22 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I understand you all came to an agreement as runners but for me the rule of not being allowed to move clan now no longer applies. Zante said it's clear from his posts he wasn't happy, he looked perfectly happy to me prior to playing the captain of the clan he is now playing for. He wanted to move, was told no so wasn't happy, that's not the same as not being happy and looking to move. I don't have all the information but I don't see where it says black scorpions wouldn't play him either. Any player wishing to join a new clan now only needs to say they want to, post one YouTube video and the majority of the runners will vote in their favour. This rule was there to protect clans and it also asked that you make sure you know what you are doing when choosing a clan for a season as if you end up not liking and want to leave you won't play the rest of that season. I now fully expect every player that wants to move from one clan to another to be allowed to and anyone who is refused by the same runners would only go towards hinting at a bias I like to believe there currently isn't.

Rules are in place for all teams and players to follow , this has not been done by player and league runners and the only person who followed them is me . The player in question was happy in BS even tho he lied to get this move , we have never had any problems with him and hes played all games very well , he even kept me updated .
horse10000
horse10000
23:04 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL Season 25 - Fixture Set 2

Fixtures can be found here:-

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/fcl.html

I require team lists in from all teams for the second set of fixtures by Sunday night 26/04/15.
horse10000
horse10000
04:31 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL Season 25

Fixture Set 2 games can be found here...

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/fcl-fixture-set-2.html

Fixture deadline is Midnight UK on 17th May 2015
the__priest
the__priest
16:21 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
so can we have clarification

can any player leave a clan outside of the transfer window and play for another team in the next fixture set
or is this a one off, if so why ?

we have a player who wants to sign for us for no other reason is that he isn't happy were he is
so the Question is does he just leave his current clan and
join us

and site the above ruling, this is a factual request
my captain is aware of the player, but we all agreed to wait until the transfer window opens

do we need to wait ??
this player will certainly improve our squad
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:34 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

can any player leave a clan outside of the transfer window and play for another team in the next fixture set

we have a player who wants to sign for us for no other reason is that he isn't happy were he is
join us

my captain is aware of the player, but we all agreed to wait until the transfer window opens

do we need to wait ??

Not sure but Dom was a special circumstance, the question is is the player willing to stay in that clan and play games? If your all agreed to wait then i don't think he is unhappy of sorts.

Not saying he needs to deactivate or kick up a fuss to repeat Dom's case but if he wants to move that badly then i would speak to Keith about it as hes the Head Honcho and makes the decisions.

Each case is different
_mich_
_mich_
16:38 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

join us

do we need to wait ??

If his captain releases him then he is free to join I believe.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:40 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

join us

do we need to wait ??

If his captain releases him then he is free to join I believe.

Thats what i heard recently too
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:45 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
BUT what if he's their best player? No Captain will want to release or agree to losing them.

Do you suggest we orchestrate them to kick off and refuse to play - throw a tantrum just to try and enable a move? No we wont do that - obviously we'd love the player on board but out of respect to the players current team and the integrity of the leagues that's not the way we are willing to operate.

Dom's a top player and one any side will be fortunate to have on their side but he IMO is and were not BS's best player.
hahahaha
hahahaha
16:50 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think we all need some clarification on the rules tbh, there seems to be some rules in place again now that I didn't even know still existed.

Since when did we last have a transfer window? And can anyone remember the last time the rule existed where your account had to be at least 31 days old before you were eligible to play any games?
faust
faust
17:16 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hate to agree with certain individuals, but in no way at all was Dom's case special, or unique. A precedent has been set, and all players should be able to move now as they see fit. Anything else would be victimising Black Scorpions, and although that would be funny, it wouldn't be right.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:34 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
BUT what if he's their best player? No Captain will want to release or agree to losing them.

Do you suggest we orchestrate them to kick off and refuse to play - throw a tantrum just to try and enable a move? No we wont do that - obviously we'd love the player on board but out of respect to the players current team and the integrity of the leagues that's not the way we are willing to operate.

Dom's a top player and one any side will be fortunate to have on their side but he IMO is and were not BS's best player.

I would still let them move they can always be replaced, maybe not the quality of a Seb or a Dvz but i have been fortunate not to be in this situation. At end of the day its a game, what is a clan title really worth? Yes its prestige but you should be able to be happy and have a good time.

Yep Dom is a good player and learning well and not got the experience of maybe a Harry or Silenthill. I would rather have fairly good players who are active and happy rather than ten dvz's who aren't even though they would gain more points.

In Dom's case i felt he was trapped and probably wouldn't play for two months, no fun in that at all. Yes he could deactivate but aren't we suppose to encourage players to stay rather than leave/be a fake newbie?

If Keith decides to change the rules i think it should be free for all although they should play in that set anyway
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:36 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think we all need some clarification on the rules tbh, there seems to be some rules in place again now that I didn't even know still existed.

Since when did we last have a transfer window? And can anyone remember the last time the rule existed where your account had to be at least 31 days old before you were eligible to play any games?

Got scrapped seasons ago, i quite like it to be fair, gives everyone a chance.

and that rule still applies about eligibility but Keith allowed Nike to play
_mich_
_mich_
17:36 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would allow transfers however I would put a couple of rules in there to protect the team they are transferring from.

1. No player can transfer from a team if they have less than 13 active (online within past 5 days) players.

2. No player can play versus their previous team.

This way any teams can make signings etc but have a bit of protection knowing they have sufficient cover should anyone leave and that the player in question will not be playing against them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Those rules weren't in place when mirrr was allowed to move so they shouldn't be in place for anyone else until the start of next season. As mirrr was allowed to move without restriction and what appears to me to be for minimal reason, then it should be the same for anyone in any clan.
Pages: 11314
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.