FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11011
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:05 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most of my comments on fb are sent in reaction to an incident, i have apologised, i dont agree with my rash comments and if could would rescind them.

Hence my apology straight afterwards.

I'm not even going to bother to entertain the 'bullying route', so let's leave it at that.

On an open forum, "Im sorry".

erigert
erigert
16:16 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That will do
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:45 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Craig, I'm having trouble with your Irony.

You talk, but you say nothing really. I'm sure i'm heard because I've seen a few things I've previously said being reused by people, so I can't be all that bad.

I don't sit in judgement, I step back from the situation from what is actually happening, to why it is happening whereas you close mindedly see an argument and jump straight in with the same old sob story. Moderators should do this, minority are bullying, I got a ban/muting for less, people need to get a life, etc.

Surely someone so firmly acquainted with the rules would not post such slanderous comments like I condone bullying simply because I do not agree with your view?

Or suggest that someone else needs to take their blinkers off when no matter the situation you always blame the same minority group even when it is clear they aren't the cause. (Ironically so, when that minority was you a few years ago). You never come down when these people are on the receiving end and didn't do wrong.

As always then you jump in halfway without taking in the whole situation, and miss the things from Ash that caused people to reply to him. He didn't always do it, and at times what went against him was his reputation and not anything he'd done but the reverse can also be said where he posted things without provocation which included name calling amongst other things. He does apologise though, so credit where it's due but an apology won't hold water if the action is repeated.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:38 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Since it's died down, maybe we can move forward.

horse10000, you seem happy that you have enough support to make a good runner (Or you should know that now). Have you got backroom staff sorted yet or do you still need to approach people?
fatmikee
fatmikee
23:01 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
To apologise is a way of life for some people,they can be a butt hole 1 min and apoloise the next.I had a brother that way and a neighbor aswell.
And tbh i hate those kind of people.
And as for as what facebook who cares as it has nothing what so ever to do with F/P.
Not so long ago we had a player banned over a statement he posted on facebook.So what, As long as it was not posted on F/P.

Edited at 21:05 Tue 24/03/15 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:11 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not so long ago we had a player banned over a statement he posted on facebook.So what, As long as it was not posted on F/P.

I doubt that mikee as admin has told me anything outside pool can't be controlled by admin so even if you was the most racist guy on earth who deserved a ban, they wouldn't be able to do bans, revokes or anything.
fatmikee
fatmikee
23:14 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well sorry James but it did happen.And i know who had it done .But for the sake of another argument ill not say who.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:19 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Please don't as we can't name anyway but 3 years ago someone posted abuse to me on facebook and i tried to get his ban extended (long time ago now, just using an example), when i queried admin they said...

"Screenshots can never be accepted due to ease of editing.

Please note this is a matter for facebook and nothing to do with funkpool."

"Just use the send complaint button. I can assure you no admin would take any action based on a screenshot, no matter what enyone might say.

Bans and action on funkypool or snooker relate to behaviour on these sites only, we cannot be responsible for how people behave elsewhere!"

^ based on that i can't believe the player got banned because of facebook
horse10000
horse10000
There seems to some confusion about what the difference between what Moderators / Admin can do and what the clan leagues could implement. Moderators / Admin go through the forums removing unsuitable language and comments in line with the sites forum rules. But if 2 players start arguing and causing havoc on the threads, there are plenty on here that post which are within the rules and are clever to gain a reaction or cry wolf when they get a response back. If Moderators / Admin removed all posts of this nature, we would be left with very empty forums and Moderators / Admin removing lots of posts. This does not mean such posts are right and within the rules it is purely that there has to be some allowance or we would be constantly amending or removing posts.

Clan leagues are nothing to do with funky, if we decided that we wanted such events to stop. We can easily apply a rule that if people want to post abusively or post to get a reaction they could be warned and then suspended which has nothing to do with the site rules. But there could well be a synergy, for example if a player gets revoked / muted and it is due to posts / behaviour regarding clan events they automatically face a suspension from the clan leagues.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
Anyways moving on, hows things horsey?
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
23:20 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19457/general-warnlng-regarding-clan-forums

Here is a reminder of the thoughts of staff for clans, obviously some members of staff that play in the leagues might have a voice on the way things are run but as long as no funkypool rules are broken we don't judge people's opinions any different.

Enjoy and play some pool.

I'm looking forward to the new season and hope we all support Keith and others who help continue to make the clan leagues a great success.

horse10000
horse10000
23:21 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Here is a reminder of the thoughts of staff for clans, obviously some members of staff that play in the leagues might have a voice on the way things are run but as long as no funkypool rules are broken we don't judge people's opinions any different.

I'm looking forward to the new season and hope we all support Keith and others who help continue to make the clan leagues a great success.

Lol that's what I just tried to say above.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
23:27 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Lol that's what I just tried to say above.

Posted same time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:26 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's a separate conversation. If I'm banned or muted for breaking site rules due to something to do with clan forums then yes you could implement some sort of warning/ punishment. That's you broken site rules, you can't argue too much with that.

Other folk were suggesting band for arguments separate to the site rules, a resolution that was always a non starter. If I get muted or banned from the SITE for what I have said on clan forums that is far less subjective and far less arguments could therefor follow on.
faust
faust
00:35 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
What is being suggested is implementing a massively restrictive, authoritarian system of control. Why is it considered to be needed? Because of the sites reaction to the actions of one single individual in one single clan. Is this new "rule" being brought in to help the majority? The majority that have been playing in the clan leagues for many, many years without any issues? Nope, it's pandering to an extreme minority. If this happens, I can't remember anything worse happening in the clan leagues, other than losing Chris.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:52 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry faust but have to disagree with "one single individual in one single clan" as the person your thinking of is different to mine so its down to multiple people.

It takes two to continue an argument
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anyone want to give me a quick summary of what has been wrote in the last 5 pages?
faust
faust
12:25 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry faust but have to disagree with "one single individual in one single clan" as the person your thinking of is different to mine so its down to multiple people.

It takes two to continue an argument

The individual you are thinking of is the root cause of every single major argument on the site? All the arguments stem from this individuals actions? Sorry James but that's absolute nonsense. Whoever you are thinking of, their posts will be purely reactive posts.

The new proposal is like going to the dentist because you have a cavity in your molar, and the dentist refusing to give you a filling AND banning you from using a toothbrush.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:31 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
maybe, maybe not mate but this other individual can give it as much as he can take it.

the guy your thinking of, sometimes in his posts i agree he can put certain words which maybe people tend to respond but so has the guy i am thinking of also.

the root cause initially came from subbing too early but the guy your thinking of has said he will try and cut subs down, then comes overconfidence for two teams to beat the other which didn't help either.

what i am saying is it is not down to just one individual but multiple
hahahaha
hahahaha
13:46 Wed 25 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
There seems to some confusion about what the difference between what Moderators / Admin can do and what the clan leagues could implement. Moderators / Admin go through the forums removing unsuitable language and comments in line with the sites forum rules. But if 2 players start arguing and causing havoc on the threads, there are plenty on here that post which are within the rules and are clever to gain a reaction or cry wolf when they get a response back. If Moderators / Admin removed all posts of this nature, we would be left with very empty forums and Moderators / Admin removing lots of posts. This does not mean such posts are right and within the rules it is purely that there has to be some allowance or we would be constantly amending or removing posts.

Clan leagues are nothing to do with funky, if we decided that we wanted such events to stop. We can easily apply a rule that if people want to post abusively or post to get a reaction they could be warned and then suspended which has nothing to do with the site rules. But there could well be a synergy, for example if a player gets revoked / muted and it is due to posts / behaviour regarding clan events they automatically face a suspension from the clan leagues.

Yes and they don't play snooker which is why there's very few problems over there, really simple to see where the problem is isn't it?
Pages: 11011
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.